If you are looking to start your study adventure in South Korea then Global Korea Scholarship is a great opportunity for you. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Global Korea Scholarship 2024-2025 also known as Korean Government Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, masters and PhD studies and provides full free tuition support, monthly living allowance, on-campus housing, medical coverage and relocation support.
The aim of this scholarship is to promote international educational exchange and friendship between countries by providing foreign students with the opportunity to study at Korean higher education institutions.
Fields are not limited, all candidates would get plenty of options to pursue their careers. There are two ways to apply for this scholarship, either submitting their documents to the Korean Embassy of their country or directly to the domestic university of Korea.
South Korean universities are acknowledged and held in high esteem globally for a world-class education. There are several prestigious institutions, and most of them are in Seoul. Korean universities are in demand by companies all over the world. Therefore, after completing your education, you can search for jobs in various industries.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD
- Institution(s): Korean Universities
- Study in: South Korea
- Courses Offered: All degree programs
Deadline for Global Korea Scholarship
|Embassy Track Deadline
|University Track Deadline
|Recruitment notice and application submission
|September of the previous year every year
|February every year
|1st round of selection (overseas embassies, universities)
|Every year from October to November of the previous year
|Second selection (NIIED)
|Every November of the previous year
|3rd round of selection (university)
※ Applicable only to embassy selection applicants
|December of the previous year every year
|Announcement of final successful applicants (NIIED)
|Scholarship student entry
|February every year
|Every year at the end of August
Global Korea Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: (Degree Program) 900,000 KRW per month, (Research Program) 1,500,000 KRW per month
- Research Allowance
- Liberal Arts and Social Science majors: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Natural Science and Engineering majors: 240,000 KRW per semester
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Paper printing fee: 500,000 ~ 800,000 KRW
- Medical Insurance will be covered.
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
Eligibility Criteria for Global Korea Scholarship
To qualify for this scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: English / Korean
- Eligible Countries: All world countries except Korean nationals.
1) Undergraduate Course:
- Those who are under 25 years of age as of March 1st of the selection year
- Those who have (expected to) complete all elementary, middle, and high school curriculum as of March 1st of the selection year
2) Graduate Course:
- Those who are under 40 years of age as of September 1st of the selection year
- Those who have earned a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree as of February 28th of the selection year
- Those who are current professors from ODA recipient countries among the invited countries and are under 45 years of age as of September 1st of the selection year
3) Other Requirements:
- Those who are healthy both mentally and physically to be able to study abroad in Korea for a long period of time
- Those who have a grade point average (GPA) of 80% or higher for all grades in the last school attended
- Those who are currently enrolled in or have graduated from a university or graduate school in Korea are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship?
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- While applying to the Korean embassy, a candidate needs to dispatch original or attested documents to the embassy.
- On the other hand, applying directly to the university requires a candidate to submit all documents to the domestic university.
- An applicant applying via the embassy can apply to 3 universities whereas an applicant applying directly to the university can apply only to 1 university.
- Students passing round two of the Embassy track process should not consider it the final selection.
- Recommendation letters
- Attested transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Published books
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Medical Assessment form
To know more about Global Korea Scholarship, please visit official website: