Start your study adventure in Colombia. Good news! Applications for Colombia Government Scholarships are currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
Colombia Government Scholarship 2022 is a fully funded scholarship program for international students. This scholarship is offered for Specialization Degree, Masters and PhD. These scholarships will cover all expenses for the scholarship, books, monthly grant and tuition fee.
This scholarship Call is for Foreign Citizens from all Nationalities to Study Scholarships Master, Doctoral or Specialization Degree. You will study in Colombia Educational institutes. 50 International Scholarships will be provided.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD, Specialization Degree
- Institution(s): Colombia Educational Institutes
- Study in: Colombia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Any full-time Master, Doctoral or Specialization Degree.
- Program Period: The Duration of the Columbia scholarships will Consists of (12) Months for Specialization, Twenty-four (24) Months to Master and up to Thirty-Six (36) Months for Doctorate Degree.
- Deadline: December 20, 2022
Colombia Government Scholarships provide the recipient with following benefits:
- Monthly Allowance: Grant of the sum equivalent to 3 Minimum Monthly Legal salaries. $ 2,484,348 Colombian pesos.
- Tuition: 100% coverage of all these costs granted by the Colombian universities (only for academic programs found in the catalog of this call).
- Stipend for books and materials: Grant of $401.321 COP for once, at the beginning of the academic program
- Health Insurance: Wide coverage in medical assistance only in Colombia, during the period of studies.
- Books & Materials: ($ 425,400) for books and materials.
- Installation Costs: Grant of ($ 425,400) for once at the beginning of studies.
Eligibility Criteria for Colombia Government Scholarships
To qualify for Colombia Government Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
Be a citizen Foreign. Not have Colombian nationality. Foreign professionals who do not have dual nationality (Colombian), who are not residing in Colombia.
- Not be over 50 years old.
- Have a professional or bachelor’s degree.
- Have an average of 4.0 out of 5.0 or it’s equivalent in the Colombian scale to apply the call
- Have admission to at least a graduate program that is in the Catalog of Academic Offer General Call 2022
- The documents must be sent in physical form to the ICETEX offices in Bogotá. Address: Carrera 3 No 18-32.
- The candidate can submit up to 3 letters of admission.
- No original documents are required.
- It is necessary for foreign candidates to carefully read the call and send to ICETEX only the required documents. Authenticated or notarized copies are accepted.
How to Apply for Colombia Government Scholarships?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Colombia Government Scholarships:
- Eligible candidates may apply for the fully funded scholarships by the Government of Colombia online.
- The candidates must fill up the application form and submit the completed form. Also, applicants must print a copy of the summary of the online form to include in the physical application.
- After filling the online application, the applicant must also submit physical application to Colombian Government. The application includes the following documents:
- Likewise, Academic Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Admission from the Colombian university
- Further, Score regarding Spanish Language Proficiency
- Academic essay arguing the importance of your studies in Colombia
- Moreover, Notarized copies of Academic Transcripts
- Similarly, A copy of Passport
- Certificate of professional experience
- Health Certificate
- Also, Summary of online application to this call
- The documents should be addressed to ICETEX OFCES in Bogotá. Address: Carrera 3 No 18-32.
To know more about Colombia Government Scholarships, please visit official websites: