Pursue your education in Thailand. Good news! Applications for Thailand Government Scholarships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
Thailand Government under Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP) offer fully funded masters scholarship to international students for 2024-2025. Thailand Government scholarships will cover living allowance accommodation allowance, settlement money, books allowance and thesis allowance.
Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP) was introduced in 2000 as a framework in providing postgraduate scholarships for developing partners. Believing that knowledge sharing is an important pillar of South-South Cooperation, TIPP offers opportunities for Thailand and its partners to exchange their experiences and best practices that would contribute to long-term and sustainable development for all.
Aiming at sharing Thailand’s best practices and experience to the world, the AITC training courses and the TIPP scholarships focus on development topics of our expertise which can be categorized under six themes namely; Sufficiency Economy Philosophy: SEP, Public Health, Agriculture and Food Security, Climate Change and Environmental Issues, Bio-Circular-Green Economy: BCG Model and other topics related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which Thailand is proud to introduce as the highlighted theme. SEP has been added with an aim to offer an insight into our home-grown development approach which is the key factor that keeps Thailand on a steady growth path towards sustainable development in many areas.
Through the Annual International Training Course and Thailand International Postgraduate Program, TICA believes that we are doing our part to deliver Thailand’s contribution to a sustainable future.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Thailand University / Thailand Government
- Study in: Thailand
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to check all the available courses.
- Program Period: This scholarship is available for the normal duration of the course.
- Deadline: July annually but TBC (for TIPP 2024)
Thailand Government Scholarships will cover:
- Return Economy Class Air Ticket and Airport Pickup Service.
- Domestic Travel in Thailand
- Living Allowance 7,000 Baht Per Month.
- Accommodation Allowance of 7,000 Baht Per Month in the Regional Province or 9,000 Baht Per Month in Bangkok and Phuket.
- Settlement Money: 6,000 Baht on their first arrival to Thailand.
- Books Allowance: 10,000 Baht per year. (Only 4 semesters for Master’s degree)
- Thesis allowance of 20,000 Baht for compulsory fieldwork or data collection and a lump sum amount of 12,000 Baht for thesis printing or 8,000 Baht for independent study (IS) printing.
- Tuition Fee: Awardees’ tuition fee will be directly reimbursed from TICA, except equipment insurance fee, transcript and certificate fee
- Health & Medical Coverage.
Eligibility Criteria for Thailand Government Scholarships
To qualify for Thailand Government Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: Good Command of English. Candidates who English is not the first language and Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English have to pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulation
- Eligible Countries: List of Eligible Countries
- Candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International
Development Cooperation in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list. (See “List of Eligible Countries)
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience related field or related to graduate degree
- Candidates should be working in the area related to the course provided
- Age Should be less than 50 Years
- Candidates must have good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the rights to revoke scholarship offered to awardees who violate rules and
- Other requirements apart from these will be under consideration by the University
How to Apply for Thailand Government Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Thailand Government Scholarships:
(1) The candidates must fill in the online application form on TICA website
(2) The candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation (such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by relevant central government agencies for which the nominated candidates currently work. Nomination must be in line with relevant rules and regulations of the nominating countries/territories. The National Focal Point will forward the nominated candidates’ documents to the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/territories.
(3) Please prepare one (1) original with two (2) copies of each document as these following items:
- TIPP application form (Download from here)
- Medical report
- Transcript of Bachelor’s degree (to show the courses that you have learnt throughout Bachelor’s degree)
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree
- English test score (e.g. TOELF, IELTS)
- Recommendation Letter (At least 3 people)
- Thesis proposal or other documents (As university request)
All forms are duly filled out and endorsed by the candidates’ supervisor and the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation. All of related documents must be in English. Each of eligible countries/territories can nominate up to five (5) candidates per academic program.
(4) The application procedure will complete when TICA has received the hard copy of the application form and other related documents through the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/territories
To know more about Thailand Government Scholarships, please visit the official website: