Pursue your studies in USA. Good news! The Shawn Carter Foundation Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
The Shawn Carter Scholarship 2021 is a fully funded undergraduate scholarship for US students. This scholarship covers tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living.
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. By removing some of the financial burdens associated with going to, surviving in, and graduating from college, the SCSF plays a vital role in increasing college access and success for many motivated yet underserved youth and young adults.
The SCSF provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation. The grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living. All Shawn Carter Scholars are required to “give back” by conducting community service and by serving as mentors to younger, aspiring Shawn Carter Scholars.
SCSF attracts candidates from all backgrounds, nation-wide. They all have a compelling desire to pursue higher education, in spite of many personal, socio-economic setbacks, including teen pregnancy, former incarceration, interrupted schooling, poverty, and homelessness. They are hardworking, resilient and determined individuals who want to make positive contributions to their local and global communities, and they turn to the SCSF to make their ambitions and dreams possible.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Any Accredited College in USA
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: April 30, 2021
Shawn Carter Scholarship provides the recipient with:
- Tuition expenses
- Supplemental Educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living.
- Expected grant upto $1500- $2500
Eligibility Criteria for Shawn Carter Scholarship
To qualify for Shawn Carter Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: US citizen or Permanent Resident
- Students pursuing their first undergraduate degree:
- High school seniors
- Students with GED diplomas
- Students enrolled in 2-year or 4-year undergraduate programs
- Students enrolled in vocational or trade schools
- 25 years old or younger
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Household income not exceeding $75,000 USD
How to Apply for Shawn Carter Scholarship ?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Shawn Carter Scholarship:
- Please visit official website after April 1st.
- Start your application early and complete it on time. The earlier you start the application, the better chance you have to submit the application before the deadline. You also have more time to ask them questions in case any part of the process needs clarification.
- Tell them about yourself and use specific details when sharing your extracurricular activities. They do not know anything about you until you share it with them. Specific details can help them understand how great you are. The same can be said about your essay. They don’t expect the essay to run too long but make sure your essay helps them learn more about you and your perspectives.
- Review your application for grammar and spelling errors.
- The photo is optional. If you decide to provide a photo, please send them a head shot from the shoulders up similar to an ID card.
If your question has not been answered above, please direct your inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about Shawn Carter Scholarship, please visit official website: