|Deadline: See deadlines below||Institution(s): Monash University
|Level of Study: Masters/PhD||Study in: Australia|
Pursue your studies Australia. Good news! Monash University Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about Monash University Scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Monash University Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for doctoral research studies. This scholarship covers annual living allowance: $35,600, relocation allowance: $550 and research allowance per annum: $1,500.
The Monash Silver Jubilee Scholarship (MSJS) is available to help support a student with living costs whilst studying at Monash. It is awarded each year to different faculties by rotation. This prestigious scholarship is available to help support a student undertaking a PhD with living costs whilst studying at Monash.
Monash scholarships reward excellence and help you achieve your ambitions, regardless of your circumstances. We’re seeking the curious, the optimistic, students who want to make a difference in the world.
Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships are provided by the Australian Government to support both domestic and international students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees. Monash scholarships are very competitive and are awarded based on your academic record, any research outputs and prior research experience.
The application deadline for Monash Silver Jubilee Scholarship is as follows:
- October 31 (annual)
The detail about application deadlines for Research Training Program is as follows:
- INTERNATIONAL (Round 1)
opens 1 September, closes 31 March
- DOMESTIC (Round 2)
opens 1 November, closes 31 May
- INTERNATIONAL (Round 3)
opens 1 April, closes 31 August
- DOMESTIC (Round 4)
opens 1 June, closes 31 October
Monash University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. Named for prominent World War I general, Sir John Monash, it was founded in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. The university has a number of campuses, four of which are in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), and one in Malaysia.
Monash also has a research and teaching centre in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India and a graduate school in Suzhou, China. Monash University courses are also delivered at other locations, including South Africa.
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Sustainable Development
- Biomedical Science
- Educational and Developmental Psychology and Philosophy
- Engineering Science
- Fine Art
- Reproductive Sciences
Different according to your course.
Monash University Scholarship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
Monash Silver Jubilee Scholarship:
- Annual living allowance: $35,600.
- Relocation allowance: $550.
- Research allowance per annum: $1,500.
Monash Research Training Program:
- Annual living allowance: $29,000.
- Relocation allowance: $1,500.
Eligibility Criteria for Monash University Scholarship
To be eligible for Monash University Scholarship, candidates must fulfill following requirements:
- Required Language: English.
- English Language Test requirements for General: (6.5) overall (no band less than 6.0) in IELTS, and (79 +) Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21 in TOEFL.
- English Language Test requirements for Arts, Business and Economics: (7) overall (no band less than 6.5) in IELTS, and (94 +) Reading 19, Listening 20, Speaking 20 & Writing 24 TOEFL.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- An International student.
- A New Zealand citizen.
- An Australian citizen.
- Australian permanent resident.
- Australian humanitarian visa holder.
- A bachelor’s degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- A course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- A master’s degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners’ reports will be taken into account;
- Have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Scholarships are awarded based on an applicant’s academic record, research output and prior research experience.
- Have not previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months.
How to Apply for Monash University Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this Scholarship:
- You need to receive an invitation to apply, before you apply. To receive one, you’ll need to complete an expression of interest and/or find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research. This depends on the faculty/institute.
- Click (Apply Now ) to register for Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship.
- All sections of online application are explained here.
- Indicate that you wish to be considered for a scholarship on the application form. There is no need to fill out a separate application form.
You do not need to specify which scholarship you are applying as you are automatically considered for all graduate research scholarships (where eligible).
To apply and know more about Monash University Scholarship, please visit the official websites: