Start your study adventure in Belgium. Good news! Applications for VUB Scholarships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
VUB Scholarships for European Master of Science in Photonics are open to international students. The Vrije Universiteit Brussel will grant several full scholarships of 10000 EUR per year to cover cost of living inherent to studying in Brussels.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a university in Brussels, the core of Europe, which is globally focused. VUB intends to add to a stronger culture for future in an effective and engaged manner through tailor-made high-quality studies and education. During the entry review prior to final admission, all applicants who plan to enroll at Vrije Universiteit Brussel will have the chance to show evidence of their technical expertise. After approval of our program, each grant request will be tested on the grounds of competence and encouragement.
TheB-PHOT, VUB’s Brussels Photonics Research Group, also offers competitively scholarships to skilled academics. All pupils enrolling in the MSc. A B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship may be given by the research group in Photonics at VUB without separate implementation operation. Applicants receiving the B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship must undertake to a MSc. VUB’s thesis. Students will be encouraged to study for a PhD at VUB B-PHOT, graduating with honors and showing success in expertise and applications. For all fresh global learners, the fresh VUB B-PHOT Excellence Scholarships are now accessible.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Study in: Belgium
- Deadline: April 01, 2022
The studentships are awarded in the fields of Bridging physics, engineering and photonics. The program is open to applicants with a bachelor or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics, Materials Sciences or equivalent. Students in their last year of such programs will also be considered. Applicants holding a bachelor or master degree in another field of engineering are welcome to join the program through a personalized preparatory program. This preparatory program can be combined with a specific bachelor or master program.
Belgian Bachelors in IR Architecture, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biotechnology, industrial Science – Electronics/ICT, Engineering Science or KMS Polytechnical Department can apply for the preparatory program of 30 ECTS. Here you can find the details of the preparatory program in Dutch leading to the Master of Science in Fotonica or the European MSc. in Photonics.
VUB Scholarship provides the recipient with:
VUB Scholarships for European Master of Science in Photonics
- The Vrije Universiteit Brussel will grant several full scholarships of 10000 EUR per year to students of the European Master of Science in Photonics at VUB. This scholarship is foreseen to cover cost of living inherent to studying in Brussels. Every application will be screened on the basis of excellence and motivation.
B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship scheme
- Three Entry Scholarships of 1000 Euro , at the beginning of the first semester of the first year of the MSc.. The recipients are the 3 best ranked students according to our selection criteria.
- Three Continuation Scholarships of 1500 Euro , at the start of the second semester of the first year of the MSc. will be awarded to the top 3 students according to the academic performance after semester 1. Also students who didn’t receive the Entry Scholarship will be considered for the Continuation Scholarship.
- One Excellence Scholarship will be awarded, worth 5000 Euro , at the start of the the second year of the MSc..
Eligibility Criteria for VUB Scholarship
To qualify for VUB Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Required Languages: English. Language requirements for international students:
- A TOEFL-TEST, taken as recently as within the last two years, showing a score of at least 570 (paper-based) or 87 (internet-based)
- An original “test report from” (TRF) from IELTS, issued as recently as within the last two years, with a minimum overall band score of 6.0
- Cambridge-ESOL: First certificate in English (FCE)
- Holders of a diploma of secondary or higher education by a recognised institution in the Flemish Community are exempted from submitting a proof of language proficiency.
- You are also exempted from language test when you ave successfully completed a minimum of 1 year (60 credits), be it secondary or higher education, where the medium of instruction was English (an official certificate must be submitted).
- Note: if the proof of English proficiency or APS certificate is not ready before the deadline, you can always submit it later instead of missing the deadline.
How to Apply for VUB Scholarship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
(1) Applications can only be submitted through the online application form, the candidate students are advised to apply as soon as possible.
(2) Attach the following documents:
- clear copy of ID
- motivation letter
- 2 recommendation letters
- official bachelor degree or official certificate of graduation
- complete and official transcript of records BSc
- official master degree or official certificate of graduation
- complete and official transcript of records MSc
- official language certificate
- complete overview of bachelor courses content description