|Deadline: April 01, 2020||Institution(s): Vrije Universiteit Brussel|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Belgium|
VUB B-PHOT Excellence Master Scholarships 2020
The B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship is open for international students to pursue masters degree program at Vrije Universiteit Brussel. B-PHOT, VUB’s Brussels Photonics Research Group, also offers competitively scholarships to skilled academics. All pupils enrolling in the MSc. A B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship may be given by the research group in Photonics at VUB without separate implementation operation. Applicants receiving the B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship must undertake to a MSc. VUB’s thesis. Students will be encouraged to study for a PhD at VUB B-PHOT, graduating with honors and showing success in expertise and applications. For all fresh global learners, the fresh VUB B-PHOT Excellence Scholarships are now accessible.To research the European Master of Science, studentships are available.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a university in Brussels, the core of Europe, which is globally focused. VUB intends to add to a stronger culture for future in an effective and engaged manner through tailor-made high-quality studies and education. During the entry review prior to final admission, all applicants who plan to enroll at Vrije Universiteit Brussel will have the chance to show evidence of their technical expertise. After approval of our program, each grant request will be tested on the grounds of competence and encouragement.
The B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship scheme is as follows:
- Three Entry Scholarships of 1000 Euro, at the beginning of the first semester of the first year of the MSc. The recipients are the 3 best ranked students according to our selection criteria.
- Three Continuation Scholarships of 1500 Euro, at the start of the second semester of the first year of the MSc. will be awarded to the top 3 students according to the academic performance after semester 1. Also students who didn’t receive the Entry support will be considered for the Continuation Scholarship.
- One Excellence Scholarship will be awarded, worth 5000 Euro, at the start of the second year of the MSc.
The studentships are awarded in the fields of Bridging physics, engineering and photonics. The program is open to applicants with a bachelor or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics, Materials Sciences or equivalent. Students in their last year of such programs will also be considered. Applicants holding a bachelor or master degree in another field of engineering are welcome to join the program through a personalized preparatory program. This preparatory program can be combined with a specific bachelor or master program.
Belgian Bachelors in IR Architecture, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biotechnology, industrial Science – Electronics/ICT, Engineering Science or KMS Polytechnical Department can apply for the preparatory program of 30 ECTS. Here you can find the details of the preparatory program in Dutch leading to the Master of Science in Fotonica or the European MSc. in Photonics.
VUB B-PHOT Excellence Master Scholarships provides the recipient with:
- For the academic year 2020-2021 the Vrije Universiteit Brussel will grant several fully-funded positions of 10 000,00 EUR per year to students of the European Master of Science in Photonics at VUB.
- This award is foreseen to cover cost of living inherent to studying in Brussels.
To qualify for VUB B-PHOT Excellence Master Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Required Languages: English. Language requirements for international students:
- A TOEFL-TEST, taken as recently as within the last two years, showing a score of at least 570 (paper-based) or 87 (internet-based)
- An original “test report from” (TRF) from IELTS, issued as recently as within the last two years, with a minimum overall band score of 6.0
- Cambridge-ESOL: First certificate in English (FCE)
- Holders of a diploma of secondary or higher education by a recognised institution in the Flemish Community are exempted from submitting a proof of language proficiency.
- You are also exempted from language test when you ave successfully completed a minimum of 1 year (60 credits), be it secondary or higher education, where the medium of instruction was English (an official certificate must be submitted).
- Note: if the proof of English proficiency or APS certificate is not ready before the deadline, you can always submit it later instead of missing the deadline.
How to Apply for VUB B-PHOT Excellence Master Scholarships ?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
- Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, and aim at sending the decision within three weeks from the receipt of the complete application.
- Applications can only be submitted through the online application form, the candidate students are advised to apply as soon as possible, even if they have not yet obtained their degree.
- All non EEA students and EEA students need to apply before 1 June. We recommend all candidate students to apply as early as possible; most certainly for non EEA students this is important with regards to VISA administration