|Deadline: August 31, 2020 / March 31, 2021||Institution(s): Monash University
|Level of Study: Masters / PhD||Study in: Australia|
Monash Research Training Program
Monash Research Training Program is open to international students from all over the world who are interested to pursue masters or PhD research studies at Monash University, Australia for academic year 2020-2021. Monash Research Training Program provide annual living allowance: $29,000 and relocation allowance: $1,500.
The detail about application deadlines is as follows:
- INTERNATIONAL (Round 1)
opens 1 September, closes 31 March
- DOMESTIC (Round 2)
opens 1 November, closes 31 May
- INTERNATIONAL (Round 3)
opens 1 April, closes 31 August
- DOMESTIC (Round 4)
opens 1 June, closes 31 October
Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships are provided by the Australian Government to support both domestic and international students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees. Monash scholarships are very competitive and are awarded based on your academic record, any research outputs and prior research experience.
Monash University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. Named for prominent World War I general, Sir John Monash, it was founded in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. The university has a number of campuses, four of which are in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), and one in Malaysia.
Monash also has a research and teaching centre in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India and a graduate school in Suzhou, China. Monash University courses are also delivered at other locations, including South Africa.
- Biomedical Science
- Educational and Developmental Psychology and Philosophy
- Engineering Science
- Fine Art
- Reproductive Sciences
- Different according to your course.
Monash Research Training Program provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Annual living allowance: $29,000.
- Relocation allowance: $1,500.
To be eligible for Monash Research Training Program, candidates must fulfill following requirements:
- Required Language: English. You must meet the Monash’s English language proficiency requirements.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- An International student.
- A New Zealand citizen.
- An Australian citizen.
- Australian permanent resident.
- Australian humanitarian visa holder.
- A bachelor’s degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field.
- A course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field.
- A master’s degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners’ reports will be taken into account.
- Have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Scholarships are awarded based on an applicant’s academic record, research output and prior research experience.
- Have not previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months.
How to Apply for Monash Research Training Program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Monash Research Training Program:
- You need to receive an invitation to apply, before you apply. To receive one, you’ll need to complete an expression of interest and/or find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research. This depends on the faculty/institute.
- Click here to register for Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship.
- All sections of online application are explained here.
- Indicate that you wish to be considered for a scholarship on the application form. There is no need to fill out a separate application form.
You do not need to specify which scholarship you are applying as you are automatically considered for all graduate research scholarships (where eligible).
To apply and know more about Monash Research Training Program, please visit the official website: