Pursue your studies in USA. Good news! The Gates Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
The Gates Scholarship 2022 is a fully funded undergraduate scholarship for American students. This scholarship covers tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation cost.
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Among 20,000 private scholarships annually in the US, Gates scholarships (TGS) are one of them. All strongest candidates holding amazing academic achievements, community service experience, and leadership qualities would be prioritized to avail this wonderful opportunity
Bill Gates and his wife began this scholarship project with the mission to eradicate illiteracy among young people. Each year, more than 300 students are awarded the Gates scholarship from underprivileged backgrounds to get an education and lead a high-quality life.
Gates scholarships are one of the best fully-funded undergraduate scholarships which can be renewable for five years. Undergraduate scholars will be able to get financial aid for books, tuition fees, transportation, room, and many other expenses.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): American Colleges
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: September 15, 2022
The Gates Scholarship Program provides the recipient with:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Room or accommodation expenses
- Board expenses
- Textbook expenses
- Transportation expenses would be covered.
Eligibility Criteria for The Gates Scholarship Program
To qualify for The Gates Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: USA
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
Note: *For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
- An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
How to Apply for The Gates Scholarship?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for The Gates Scholarship:
- Apply online on official website.
- A candidate is supposed to gather the following information :
- SAT or ACT scores
- Academic transcripts
- Cumulative GPA
- Financial information about the candidate’s family
- Extracurricular information
- Letter of Recommendation
- After gathering the information, the applicant is supposed to sign up for the TGS profile and start the Gates scholarship application process and submit the application with accurate information.
To know more about The Gates Scholarship Program, please visit official website: