|Deadline: July 08, 2020||Institution(s): National Institute of Genetics|
|Level of Study: Postdoctoral||Study in: Japan|
NIG Postdoctoral Fellow 2020 | National Institute of Genetics
The National Institute of Genetics (herein” NIG”) employs young promising researchers as NIG postdoctoral research fellows (herein” NIG postdocs”) and involve them in research activities at the institute for a limited amount of time, aiming at further development of research at NIG and fostering researchers with excellent research ability.
The National Institute of Genetics (NIG) was established by the Ministry of Education in 1949 for integrated and applied study of theory and basic research in genetics, as well as its instruction and promotion.
- Genome Informatics
- Plant Genetics
- Evolutionary Genetics
- Ecological Genetics
- DNA Data Analysis
- Population Genetics
- Symbiosis and Cell Evolution
- Model Fish Genetics
- Multicellular Organization
- Brain Function
- Molecular and Developmental Biology
- Cell Dynamics and Signaling
- Plant Cytogenetics
- Mammalian Neural Circuits
- Microbial Physiology
- Mouse Genomics Resource
- Molecular Cell Engineering
- Genome Dynamics
- Cell Architecture
- Invertebrate Genetics
- Quantitative Mechanobiology
- Systems Neuroscience
- Chromosome Biochemistry
See all the opportunity focus areas here.
- Period of employment is up to 3 years from the initial date of hire with reappointment on an annual basis.
NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship provides
- Annual salary approx. 4,100,000 JPY including tax will be paid.
- Mutual society of health insurance,
- Commuting allowance (conditional),
- Employment insurance will be covered.
- Compensation insurance
To qualify for NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship at National Institute of Genetics in Japan, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Those who have sufficient research skills to pursue research projects of genetics.
- Those who have obtained PhD degree (or equivalent) or are expected to obtain it. The degree must be obtained before the date of arrival at the post.
How to Apply for NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship?
Please follow the following instructions to avail NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship at National Institute of Genetics in Japan:
- Prepare the following documents Form 1 to 4 in the specified forms which can be downloaded from the link. The following points should be kept in mind when you prepare the documents.
- Applications must be filled out in Japanese or English.
- Figures can be inserted and color can be used in Format 2 and 4.
- Do not change the layout, size (A4) and number of pages.
- 2 Reference Letters from Supervisor & Host PI.
- Send the files after merging them into a single PDF file to this email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
To know more about NIG Postdoctoral Fellowship at National Institute of Genetics in Japan, please visit official websites: