|Deadline: October 20, 2020||Institution(s): Government of Ireland|
|Level of Study: Master’s and Doctoral||Study in: Ireland|
Pursue your studies in Ireland. Good news! Government of Ireland Scholarship 2021 is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about Government of Ireland Scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Government of Ireland Scholarship 2021 is a funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is only offered for postgraduate studies. This scholarship provides stipend of €16,000 per annum, a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annul and eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annul.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is an established national initiative, financed by the Department of Education and Skills and run by the Council. The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is distinctive in the landscape of Irish studies and complements other avenues in the Irish eco-system for financed postgraduate education.
- All disciplines can apply.
- 1- 2-year research masters
- 3-4 year PhD program
Government of Ireland Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- A stipend of €16,000 per annum.
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annul.
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annul.
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Ireland Scholarship
To be eligible for Master’s and Doctoral Scholarship Presented by Government of Ireland in All disciplines, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Applicant must have a first class or upper second class honours bachelor’s, or the (equivalent) degree. If undergraduate examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first class or upper second-class honours. If a scholar does not have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree. The Council’s determination
of an applicant’s eligibility on these criteria is final.
- Applicant must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the scheme, including strategic partner themes within the scheme.
- Applicant must be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council funding and have been formally accepted by the relevant department or school.
- Applicants applying for a research master’s scholarship, must not currently hold, or have previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants applying for a PhD degree scholarship, must not currently hold or have previously held, any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a research master’s degree.
- Applicants will fall under one of two categories based on nationality and residency.
- For category I, applicants must meet BOTH of the following criteria: be a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland AND have been ordinarily resident in an EEA member state or Switzerland for a continuous period of 3 of the 5 years preceding October 1st.
How to Apply for Government of Ireland Scholarship?
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- Register on the online account from here and complete the applicable registration form as prompted.
- Complete the applicable registration form as prompted. Once you have filled in the required details, click ‘submit’ at the bottom of the registration page. A confirmation email will automatically be sent to the email address you have provided. This email confirms that you have successfully registered for the online system and will issue you with a username and password.
- Once you have received your username and password, you should access the online the system here using the login details provided.
- When you log into the online system, you will be presented with the ‘home’ screen below where you can create and edit your application prior to the applicant deadline and then submit it.
For more information, click here.
List of Approved Universities
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- College of Computing Technology, Dublin
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design, and Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College, Dublin
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland, Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- The National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Technological University for Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
To know more about Government of Ireland Scholarship, please visit official website: