|Deadline: 15 April/15 Dec (annual)||Institution(s): École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Switzerland|
EPFL Excellence Fellowships are open to international students who want to undertake masters studies at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland. EPFL offers a limited number of fellowships at the Master’s level to students with outstanding academic records. Some of the fellowships are financed by EPFL directly and others through partnerships with foundations or companies.
EPFL is Europe’s most cosmopolitan technical university with students, professors and staff from over 120 nations. A dynamic environment, open to Switzerland and the world, EPFL is centered on its three missions: teaching, research and technology transfer.
EPFL works together with an extensive network of partners including other universities and institutes of technology, secondary schools and colleges, industry and economy, political circles and the general public, to bring about real impact for society.
- Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer and Communication Sciences
- Basic Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Management of Technology
- College of Humanities
- EPFL Middle East
1 1/2 year Master’s program or 2-years Master’s program (according to the type of the program).
EPFL Excellence Fellowships provide the recipients with the following benefits:
- Fellowships for those candidates include:32,000 CHF (32,046 USD) for a 2-years Master’s (120 credits). CHF 24’000 (24,033 USD ) for a 1 1/2 year Master’s (90 credits).
- Accommodation, tuition fees, visa fees, etc. must be paid by the fellowship’s holder.
- CHF 16’000 (16,018 USD) per academic year (split into monthly payments).
- In order to proceed to the examination of your candidacy, the expenses of treatment of your file amount to: CHF 150 (150.123 USD).
Eligibility Criteria for EPFL Excellence Fellowships
To be eligible for EPFL Excellence Fellowships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Anyone holding a Bachelor’s degree from a university (or the equivalent) in field related to EPFL curricula can apply to one of the EPFL Masters Programs. (are not eligible candidates who already hold a Master’s degree, or equivalent, in the field (or similar field) of the program for which they would apply).
- The applicants should hold outstanding academic records and references.
How to Apply for EPFL Excellence Fellowships?
Please follow below instructions to avail EPFL Excellence Fellowships:
- Register through the online application from here.
- Fill in the online application.
- All documents provided should be in English, French, German or Italian. Please attach a legalized translation of all documents in another language:
- A resume.
- Your academic diploma (s) or Bachelor (s) certified (s). If you are not yet in possession of your diploma, you must imperatively submit it to the Academic Service upon your arrival *.
- All your certified university graduation reports.
- A cover letter that should not exceed 1000 words. We ask you to describe your academic background and your career plan.
- The contact details of three academic referees, each of whom will have to provide a letter of recommendation concerning you ( except for candidates already registered in another Swiss Federal Institute of Technology or University, who apply for a Master’s degree in the same branch of study as their Bachelor.
- Three referees; Letters of recommendation should come from teachers who are familiar with your work and your potential. These recommendations are confidential and will not be accepted if they are not generated by the electronic application.
- Your identity card or passport.
- For foreigners domiciled in Switzerland: your residence permit.
To know more about EPFL Excellence Fellowships, please visit official website: