Pursue your education in Switzerland. Good news! Applications for EPFL Excellence Fellowships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
EPFL Excellence Fellowships 2024-2025 are fully funded master’s scholarships for international students. These scholarships will provide provides up to 32,000 CHF along with accommodation, tuition fees, visa fees.
EPFL offers a limited number of fellowships at the Master’s level to students with outstanding academic records. Some of the fellowships are financed by EPFL directly and others through partnerships with foundations or companies.
EPFL is Europe’s most cosmopolitan technical university with students, professors and staff from over 120 nations. A dynamic environment, open to Switzerland and the world, EPFL is centered on its three missions: teaching, research and technology transfer.
EPFL works together with an extensive network of partners including other universities and institutes of technology, secondary schools and colleges, industry and economy, political circles and the general public, to bring about real impact for society.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Study in: Switzerland
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Engineering, Computer and Communication Sciences, Basic Sciences, Life Sciences, Management of Technology, College of Humanities and EPFL Middle East.
- Program Period: 1.5 year Master’s program or 2-years Master’s program (according to the type of the program).
- Deadline: April 15 or December 15 (annual)
EPFL Excellence Fellowships provide the recipients with the following benefits:
- CHF 10’000 per semester
- Reservation of a student room in a student residence
- A certificate of excellence (at the end of the master’s program)
- Fellowship holders will be responsible to cover all expenses on their own (including rents).
The fellowship will be paid for 4 semesters maximum (3 semesters for a 90 credits master’s program) provided that the fellowship holder is registered as a regular EPFL student (see section 4.6). No extension is possible, even in case the student decides to take a minor or for any other reason that might extend the duration of studies.
Eligibility Criteria for EPFL Excellence Fellowships
To be eligible for EPFL Excellence Fellowships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Anyone holding a Bachelor’s degree from a university (or the equivalent) in field related to EPFL curricula can apply to one of the EPFL Masters Programs. (are not eligible candidates who already hold a Master’s degree, or equivalent, in the field (or similar field) of the program for which they would apply).
- The applicants should hold outstanding academic records and references.
How to Apply for EPFL Excellence Fellowships?
Please follow below instructions to avail EPFL Excellence Fellowships:
(1) Register through the online application from here.
(2) Fill in the online application.
(3) All documents provided should be in English, French, German or Italian. Please attach a legalized translation of all documents in another language:
- A resume.
- Your academic diploma (s) or Bachelor (s) certified (s). If you are not yet in possession of your diploma, you must imperatively submit it to the Academic Service upon your arrival *.
- All your certified university graduation reports.
- A cover letter that should not exceed 1000 words. We ask you to describe your academic background and your career plan.
- The contact details of three academic referees, each of whom will have to provide a letter of recommendation concerning you ( except for candidates already registered in another Swiss Federal Institute of Technology or University, who apply for a Master’s degree in the same branch of study as their Bachelor.
- Three referees; Letters of recommendation should come from teachers who are familiar with your work and your potential. These recommendations are confidential and will not be accepted if they are not generated by the electronic application.
- Your identity card or passport.
- For foreigners domiciled in Switzerland: your residence permit.
To know more about EPFL Excellence Fellowships, please visit official website: