|Deadline: November 3, 2020||Institution(s): UK Universities|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: UK|
Start your study adventure in UK. Good news! Chevening scholarship 2021 is currently open. In this article, we will explain what is Chevening scholarship, its application benefits and step by step application process.
Chevening Scholarship 2021 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is only available for masters studies in any subject. Chevening Scholarship covers university tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, an economy class return airfare to the UK, and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure.
Chevening provides future leaders and influencers from around the globe a distinctive chance to grow professionally and academically, network widely, experience UK culture, and create enduring beneficial interactions with the UK. Chevening is the international awards system of the UK government that aims to develop worldwide leaders. There will be around 1,500 scholarships being provided worldwide.
Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, Chevening provides two kinds of awards–Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships–with recipients personally chosen throughout the globe by British embassies and high commissions.
Full-time taught Masters Degree Program in any subject.
Depends on the selected program but not more than one year postgraduate course.
Are you interested studying in USA? visit below links
- Yale University Scholarships in the USA
Chevening Scholarship 2021, provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- University tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one visa application.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarship 2021
To be eligible for Chevening Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English. Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 15 July 2021 either by taking an English language test or claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
- Eligible Countries: The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee (since July 2018) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for International Development; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee (since July 2018) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship 2021?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Chevening Scholarship:
- Choose your country from here, then choose Chevening Scholarship.
- Create an account here.
- Fill your profile with your personal information, save the data and validate your profile, then start your application.
- Complete the quiz to assure your eligibility for the Scholarship.
- Fill the application with the required data and prepare the following documents:
- Completed education documents.
- English language qualification.
- Conditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three).
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three) (You must upload at least one unconditional offer by 15 July 2021).
- References (If you are invited to interview you will be invited to upload two references. The deadline is 25 February 2021).
- Passport / ID document.
- Submit the application.
To know more about Chevening Scholarships 2021, please visit official website: