|Deadline: Varies per country||Institution(s): University of Oxford|
|Level of Study: Masters, PhD||Study in: UK|
Rhodes Scholarship 2021 Oxford University
The Rhodes Scholarship is offered to international students who intend to undertake postgraduate studies at University of Oxford UK for academic year 2020-2021. Rhodes Scholarship provide the recipient with a living stipend (£15,144 per annum), all University and College fees and the University application fee. A class of 100 Scholars is selected each year from over 60 countries around the world.
The Rhodes scholarship is the most prestigious and oldest (first awarded in 1902) international scholarship program, enabling brilliant young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. Rhodes Global Scholarship is seeking brilliant young leaders who are enthused to engage with global challenges and to support international understanding and peace.
Also Apply for Fully Funded MEXT Scholarship where Knowledge of Japanese Language and IELTS/TOEFL is not mandatory for this scholarship.
The Rhodes Trust warmly welcomes applications from talented young people of diverse backgrounds. Selection of Rhodes Scholars is made without regard to gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, social background, caste, or disability.
Any full-time postgraduate degree (including the BA with senior status over two years) at the University of Oxford.
Click here for more information about permitted degrees.
You can chose any course from here.
Also apply for Harvard University MBA Scholarship and get financial aid amounting to US$95,000 towards tuition fees.
Rhodes Scholarship 2021 provide the recipient with:
- A living stipend (£15,144 per annum);
- All University and College fees;
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
- The University application fee;
- The tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil (PhD).
Follow us on Facebook and get latest scholarship opportunities.
To qualify for Rhodes Scholarship 2021, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Citizenship and residency: Each applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying. Check the eligible Countries here.
- Education: All applicants must have achieved the completion of an honors bachelor’s degree by October. As well, academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements. In Canada, a GPA of minimum 3.75/4.0, or equivalent, is expected.
- Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by October 1st of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive at Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
- Required Language: English
Please also check Netherlands Government Scholarship and get Free costs of living, Free tuition fee, Free visa, Free roundtrip travel tickets and Free Health insurance
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship 2021?
Please follow the following step by step procedure to apply for Rhodes Scholarship 2021:
In broad terms, all constituencies will require the following materials in differing forms:
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities. (Please do not include a photograph in your CV for this scholarship)
- Evidence of academic record / transcript (complete or in progress) of undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language). Check requirements here.
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- Four reference letters from appraisers who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related).
Step by Step Application Process:
(1) You can apply online at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply via the scholarships tab.
(2) You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by deadline.
(3) In preparation for making your application, you should read carefully the general information, particularly that held on the Scholarships tab, on the Rhodes website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate.
Check the most prestigious and Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarship USA
(4) Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a social engagement and a final interview. You must be available to attend both, in person, as no accommodations can be made on date and time, or mode, of these events. No candidate will be selected without an interview. Travel expenses will be paid by the Rhodes Trust, and will cover the round trip cost of a First Class rail ticket, but excluding hotel expenses. International travel for those attending from overseas cannot be funded.
(5) All applicants will be emailed with the outcome of their application.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to financial means.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, social background, disability, caste or other irrelevant distinction. The provision of such information in the ‘Outreach’ section of the application form is optional, but helps us to ensure that our selection processes are fair and that our outreach efforts are effective; those involved in selection will only see summary statistics of these responses in an anonymised format that cannot be tracked back to the individual.
- You are applying for a Rhodes Scholarship for entry to the University of Oxford in October 2021; the scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed only upon successful admission to the University of Oxford.
- No selection will be made if a sufficiently qualified candidate cannot be found.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
Procedure after Selection:
- Please note that successful applicants will need to apply to the University of Oxford very soon after selection. Full details will be given upon selection.
- The full application of successful candidates will be accessible to Rhodes House, Oxford, where the Scholarship references can be re-used, if appropriate, in support of the successful candidate’s subsequent application to the University of Oxford.
- Successful candidates will be encouraged to disclose, in confidence, any medical condition or special needs which may require academic or personal support in Oxford. This disclosure is entirely voluntary and is requested only to enable Rhodes House to provide suitable support in Oxford and to make the transition to Oxford as smooth as possible.
Follow us on Facebook and get latest scholarship opportunities.
To know more about Rhodes Scholarship 2021, please visit official websites: