If you are looking to study in Australia, please read this article through. Because in this article we will explain in detail about what are Australia Awards Scholarships, their benefits and step by step application process.
Australia Awards Scholarships 2024-2025 are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available for undergraduate, masters and PhD studies and provide the recipients with full tuition fees, travel allowance, living expenses, establishment allowance and more.
Australia Awards Scholarships invite applications from international students who are interested to undertake higher education at participating Australian institutes. Australia Awards Scholarships aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. These awards are administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Participating Australian Institutions
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Engineering & Technology
- Business & Law
- Medical and Applied Sciences
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Human, Health and Social Sciences
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline: May 03, 2024. Click here to check country-specific deadlines.
Australia Awards Scholarships provide the recipients with the following benefits:
- Full tuition fees
- A contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Eligibility Criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships
To be eligible for Australia Awards Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. See the complete list of participating countries.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship;
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently.
- Be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship.
- Not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa [subclass 500]).
- Not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years).
- Not be current serving military personnel.
- Have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector).
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements.
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements. This may not be known until Program Areas request a placement at selected institutions).
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved (eg be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a PhD).
- Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas (including locally engaged staff at post) or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
How to Apply for Australia Awards Scholarships?
Please follow below instructions to avail Australia Awards Scholarships:
- Applying online: Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, username and password. You do not need to submit your application immediately. You can set up a draft application form and update it, and your supporting documentation, until the designated closing date as on the relevant participating country profile.
- Once submitted, your application cannot be changed. We strongly advise applicants applying online to do so well before the closing date. OASIS experiences peak usage in the days leading up to the closing date and applicants may experience delays.
- Refer to the Applicant’s Online User Manual if you need help.
- If you are unable to submit your application online, you can apply by mail. Please check your participating country profile for contact details to obtain a hardcopy application form and any other templates such as referee reports (if applicable).
To know more about Australia Awards Scholarships, please visit official website: