Start your study adventure in Netherlands. Good news! Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded masters scholarship for international students. Total 25 scholarships are available. This scholarship covers full tuition fee and provide £11,000 grant for living costs.
Utrecht University is one of Europe’s leading research universities. It is recognized internationally for its high-quality, innovative approach to research and teaching. As an international student, you’ll be in good company at Utrecht University. Every year, approximately 1,500 international students come to the university to take English-taught Masters programs.
Number of Scholarships: 20-25 scholarships will be available for 2022-2023, distributed across the 6 Graduate Schools. The funds for the scholarships come from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, established by Utrecht University and from contributions by Utrecht University alumni.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Utrecht University
- Study in: Netherlands
- Program Period: The scholarship is awarded for one to two years depending upon the duration of the degree program. (The scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress).
- Deadline: January 31, 2022
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Global Criminology.
- Social, Health and Organizational Psychology.
- Applied Cognitive Psychology.
- Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology.
- Clinical Psychology.
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioral, Biomedical and Social Sciences.
- Social and health Psychology.
- Ancient, Medieval and Renaissance Studies.
- Comparative Literary Studies.
- Gender Studies.
- Media, Art and Performance Studies.
- Art History.
- Mathematical Sciences.
- Development and Socialization in Childhood and Adolescence.
- Legal Research.
- Social and Health Psychology.
- Sociology and Social Research.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarship provides the recipient with:
- Tuition fees OR
- Tuition fees plus 11,000 euro living expenses
Eligibility Criteria for Utrecht Excellence Scholarship
To qualify for Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World countries except European countries.
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class.
- Not hold an European Union passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands.
- Have applied for an international master’s program with a start date of 1 September, 2022.
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
- Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
- Selection criteria: Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
How to Apply for Utrecht Excellence Scholarship?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Utrecht Excellence Scholarship:
(1). Submit an application first for a Master’s program; if you do not do this first, your scholarship application will simply be deleted.
(2). Follow the next steps to submit a complete application for the chosen Master program:
- Check the entry requirements for this Master’s program.
- Apply in a timely manner, preferably well before the deadline; see ‘When to apply’ according to the chosen master program.
- Download the instructions for applying for the master program.
- Go to Studielink and complete the online application.
- You will receive an email with login details for OSIRIS Online Application, where you can upload the required documents. In OSIRIS Online Application you can also check the status of your application.
- Pay the application fee.
(3). After submitting an application for the Master’s program, you will have the option to submit an application for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1 November.
- Please note that if the Master program deadline is after the scholarship deadline, you will have to submit your Master program application before the scholarship deadline to be considered for the scholarship.
(4). After submitting an application for a Master’s program, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link ‘New application’.
- Answer the Utrecht Excellence scholarship questions and upload the requested document(s).
(5). You will need to upload the following document:
- Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class (an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class).
(6). Submit your application.
To know more about Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, please visit official website: