|Deadline: September 30, 2020||Institution(s): University of Sydney|
|Level of Study: Undergraduate||Study in: Australia|
Start your study adventure in Australia. Sydney Scholars Awards 2021 is currently open. In this article we will explain what is Sydney Scholars Awards 2021, its benefits and step by step application procedure.
Sydney Scholars Awards 2021 is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is offered in University of Sydney, Australia. International students from all over the world are eligible to apply. Only undergraduate programs are available under this scholarship. If you’re looking to study in Australia, you could be awarded up to AUD$6,000 per year for undergraduate studies.
The objective of the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
Also Apply for Koc University Scholarship, Turkey (Fully Funded)
- Bachelors degree in any subject
- Four years
There are two Sydney Scholars Awards valued at $6000 per year, which are tenable for 1 to 5 years (including for combined undergraduate degrees):
- $6000 per year for duration of undergraduate degree
- $6000 for 1 year of undergraduate degree.
The Scholarship will be paid in 2 installments. To receive the second installment of the Scholarship, the recipient must maintain a minimum Semester Average Mark (SAM) of 75. The Scholarship cannot be extended or renewed.
Eligibility Criteria for Sydney Scholars Awards
To qualify for Sydney Scholars Awards, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- be a domestic student (this includes New Zealand citizens), or an international student who has recently completed an International Baccalaureate (or educational award equivalent to the HSC)
- be applying for admission through UAC
- have achieved an ATAR of 95 or above (if you are applying to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or the Sydney Dental School you must receive an ATAR of 90 or above)
- apply in the year that you complete your secondary education (if you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to two years).
How to Apply for Sydney Scholars Awards ?
Please follow the following application instructions to Sydney Scholars Awards:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for step by step Application process
(1) Research: The Sydney Scholars Awards offers opportunities for Year 12 students or equivalent, who are commencing their studies in 2020 to apply for scholarships ranging from $6,000 (for Domestic^ as well as International students completing high schools in Australia) up to $10,000 (Domestic^ students only) in value and awarded in duration from one year, up to the duration of their undergraduate degree, including combined undergraduate degrees. The scholarships will be offered to students who achieve a minimum ATAR of 95 or equivalent in conjunction with a personal statement. You need to have the University of Sydney listed as one of your preferences throughout the application period, i.e. from September 2019 to January 2020. Please note that if you do not include one of our courses in your preferences, we are unable to access your ATAR, and will not be able to offer you a scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants enrolled in any University of Sydney undergraduate degree.
^ Domestic students – an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen or the holder of a permanent visa.
(2) Get advice: It is important that you speak to your parents and school about your application and seek their advice. Let them know your scholarships choices and check if you have met the criteria. Seeking advice from your teachers and parents will also be beneficial in eveloping your personal statement. You have a team of people around you that know you well, so make the most of them.
(3) Get involved: At The University of Sydney, we look for all-round students who demonstrate leadership skills and involvement in school, community and extracurricular activities. Keep track of your involvement and tell us what you have been up to as all activities are relevant. To complement the Sydney Scholars Awards you may also be considered for a range of faculty specific scholarships, many of which will also consider your leadership skills and extracurricular involvements. For more information please visit here.
(4) Additional considerations: If you would like to be considered on hardship grounds, or are applying for one of our equity scholarships, make sure you go online and do some research. To be considered, you need to submit a Sydney Scholars Award application to the University of Sydney, and submit an Equity Scholarship application through UAC.
(5) Personal Statement: It is important to provide a Personal Statement to support your application. Your Personal Statement is your introduction to the University, our opportunity to get to know you and an indication of your goals and achievements. It is a good idea to have your personal statement saved as a separate document that you can then copy and paste into the web form. There are six questions for the Personal Statement, please note each answer has a 1000 character limit.
(6) Submit: Once you are ready, you can go ahead and submit your application. If you wish to revise your application, don’t worry, you can! Just resubmit a revised application to us. No changes or applications can be submitted after the closing date. We will use your most recent application as your final submission. You will be sent a confirmation email once you have successfully submitted your application.
To know more about Sydney Scholars Awards, please visit official website: