Pursue your studies in Egypt, Tunisia, Jordan. Good news! Lazord Fellowship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about Lazord Fellowship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Lazord Fellowship 2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for one year training. This scholarship provides a living stipend (based on local living costs) and a modest housing stipend (based on the fellow’s placement and needs).
As a Lazord Fellow, you would be joining a multi-dimensional program that aims to empower its fellows to create a critical understanding of civic engagement, and to improve their leadership and technical abilities in all industries for their future careers. The program attains its mission through offering mentoring, providing job opportunities in organizations determined to advance the common good, and creating enriched educational opportunities.
If you are a visionary leader with the goal of generating thoughts for social change in fields like education, women’s rights, social entrepreneurship, youth, corporate involvement, and human rights, you must apply.
- Level of Study: Training / Non-degree Program
- Institution(s): Lazord partners
- Study in: Egypt, Tunisia, Jordan
- Program Period: One year
- Deadline: June 20, 2022
- Women’s rights.
- Civil society.
- Project management.
- Social entrepreneurship.
- corporate engagement.
- human rights.
- Team building.
- Business skills.
Lazord Fellowship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Be hosted for one year in a local non-profit or for-profit organization as a full-time employee.
- Receive a living stipend (based on local living costs) and a modest housing stipend (based on the fellow’s placement and needs).
- Have networking opportunities with professionals and influential individuals from all sectors – both local and international.
- Receive monthly mentoring sessions with professional mentors with civil society experience.
- Be offered a minimum of 15 training sessions by influential civil society leaders and professional trainers on an array of topics pertaining to civil society, project management, leadership, team building, business skills, and much more.
- Attend the annual opening and closing international conferences with the regional cohort of fellows from all 3 countries.
Eligibility Criteria for Lazord Fellowship
To qualify for Lazord Fellowship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Note: In case you are a foreign national (including from conflict areas) you must have a local residency status and authorization to work in the country of the fellowship to which you are applying.
- For public universities graduates: open to all graduates from any branch.
- For private university graduates: need-based scholarship granted for at least 2 years.
- Having graduated in 2019 or after.
- Be available to attend the Annual International Conference from September 21 to September 27.
- Males applying from Egypt have to either be exempt from military service, already received the certificate of exemption, or be done with their service.
- Proven record of being civically engaged.
- Ready to commit to a one-year full-time fellowship starting September 2022.
- Be a national or a foreign national (including from conflict areas) with local residency status and authorization to work in the country of the fellowship to which you are applying.
How to apply for Lazord Fellowship?
Please follow the following instructions to avail Lazord Fellowship:
(1) Apply through the Online Application Form for the Local partner institution you want to join.
(2) Fill the application with:
- Information about yourself.
- previous experience in civic engagement and leadership.
- Your list of significant awards and recognition that you have received.
- One-paragraph biography about yourself.
- Personal Statement not less than 800 words and not more than 1500 words about a social cause (economic, political, social or cultural) that you are concerned with and your theory of change.
- Valid Passport (Optional).
To know more about Lazord Fellowship, please visit official websites: