Start your study adventure in South Korea. Good news! KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is only offered for masters studies. This scholarship will cover full tuition fee covered, a monthly allowance up to 800,000 KRW, one economy round trip, Korean language training fee and medical insurance.
KAIST is a Famous Leading University in Asia and known by MIT of Asia. KAIST was established in 1971 to model a research focused university and to foster elite human resources in science and technology needed by the nation. Currently, KAIST has successfully become a well-respected member of the worldwide science community. The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) offers the KAIST International Student Scholarship for undergraduate and graduate international students.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): KAIST University
- Study in: South Korea
- Program Period: 8 Semesters
- Deadline: Click here to check application timeline (same as Admission Application)
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
College of Life Science & Bioengineering
- Biological Sciences
College of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Bio & Brain Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Nuclear & Quantum Engineering
College of Business
- Business and Technology Management
To know all faculties at KAIST University, click here
KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
KAIST International Student Scholarship
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 350,000 KRW per month
- Medical Health insurance
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 8 semesters
- Living expenses: 800,000 KRW per month
- Airfare: one economy round trip
- Korean language training fee: one year
- Korean language training is mandatory and when the student does not achieve TOPIK grade 3 within a year, she/he is not eligible to enter the degree program.
Eligibility Criteria for KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship
To qualify for KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries. Applicants who hold Korean Citizenship (dual citizenship) are NOT eligible to apply as international students
- For Spring Semester, 2022 (EARLY only), candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by February 28th, 2022
- For Fall Semester, 2022, candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by August 31st, 2022.
How to Apply for KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship.
(1) Go to the official site here and fill out your online application form.
(2) Pay application fee (USD 80 or 80,000 KRW) by credit card or bank transfer.
(3) Upload scanned copies of following additional required documents on the application page. The uploaded copies must be certified by school principal or the head/director of organization and clear & legible.
- One Recommendation Letter.
- Secondary / Tertiary School Profile.
- High school / University Transcript.
- Standardized Official Test Report.
- English Proficiency Test Report.
- Passport or National ID.
- Statement of Financial Resources – KAIST Scholarship.
- Statement of Financial Resources – Sponsorship.
- Honors and Awards (Optional).
- Only ONE teacher recommendation letter will be considered.
- The recommendation letter should be written by an academic advisor, homeroom teacher, or a math/science teacher.
- The letter should be written either in Korean or in English.
- Recommendations must be submitted electronically via online application platform. Once you pay the application fee, we will send your teacher a link so that your teacher can submit your recommendation letter online by the deadline.
- It is extremely important to enter your recommender’s email address correctly on your online application form so that they each receive an automated email instructing them how to proceed with their recommendation through the online process.
- Your application will be completed once your recommender submits the recommendation letter.
- Recommendation letters CANNOT be submitted in hard copies.
- If you face a problem uploading your documents, you can mail them to this address:
Undergraduate Admissions Team, Office of Admissions, KAIST
#102, Yang Boon Soon Bld. (E16-1)
291 Daehak-ro , Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141, Republic of Korea
Tel: (+82-42) 350-4803
(4) Submit the application.
(5) Check your final admission and scholarship results from Here.
For more information about the application process, click here.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for step by step Application process
To know more about KAIST University Undergraduate Scholarship, please visit official website: