Pursue your higher studies abroad. Good news! IIE-SRF Fellowship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about IIE-SRF Fellowship, its benefits and step by step application process.
IIE-SRF Fellowship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for doctoral research studies. IIE-SRF Fellowship covers a grant of up to US$25,000, along with individual health insurance, to support a visiting academic appointment of up to one year.
The Baden-Württemberg Fund supports visiting research appointments at universities and other higher education institutions in the German state of Baden-Württemberg, where researchers can continue their job in the field of liberty and security. Eligible researchers include teachers, senior scientists and government intellectuals from any nation, academic field or discipline that face — or have lately fled — immediate and targeted threats to their life and/or careers in their home nations or nations of permanent residence.
In 2002, the trustees of the IIE dedicated themselves to making rescue scholars a continuous part of the Institute’s job, and Dr. Henry Jarecki, Dr. Henry Kaufman, and Mr. Thomas Russo established the IIE Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF). Protecting endangered researchers and students has been at the heart of IIE’s mission for a long time since it was founded in 1919. From the Bolshevik Revolution to the Hungarian Uprising, IIE has shown its dedication to defend the right to liberty of thought and the pursuit of information.
- Level of Study: PhD (Doctoral)
- Institution(s): IIE-SRF
- Study in: Host Partners
- Courses Offered: Applicants from any discipline can apply to the fellowship
- Program Period: One to Two years
- Deadline: All year round (Open)
The IIE-SRF fellowship award covers:
- A grant of up to US$25,000
- individual health insurance
- A visiting academic appointment of up to one year (renewable for a second year).
- The final fellowship amount is dependent upon several factors, including the location of the host institution, the cost of living, and the value of any additional contributions from the host institution of other source(s).
Eligibility Criteria for IIE-SRF Fellowship
These are eligibility requirements for IIE-SRF Fellowship:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Professors, senior researchers, and public intellectuals from any country, academic field, or discipline may qualify.
- Applications are reviewed for academic qualifications, the quality/potential of the applicant’s work, and the severity of the threats that the applicant faces.
- Preference is given to scholars who:
- hold a Ph.D. or highest degree in their field and/or who have extensive teaching or research experience at a university, college, or other institution of higher learning;
- are facing or have recently fled from immediate, severe, and targeted threats to their lives and/or careers in their home countries or countries of residence;
- demonstrate superior academic accomplishment and promise;
- will benefit their home and/or host academic communities.
How to Apply for IIE-SRF Fellowship?
Please follow below steps to avail IIE-SRF Fellowship:
(1). Applicants may apply directly or may have a third party submit application materials on their behalf. The required application materials include:
- Application coversheet
- Academic statement. Please provide a thorough statement detailing your academic and professional background and experience.
- Current CV or resume.
- Personal statement. Please provide a thorough statement explaining why you are applying to IIE-SRF for support.
- Two (2) academic / professional letters of reference from academic and/or professional colleagues who can speak to your research, publications, teaching, or other advanced academic experience.
- Two (2) personal letters of reference from colleagues or persons who are aware of the difficulties that you have been facing as well as your professional background. When possible, please have your referees compose their letters on official letterhead and send them to IIE-SRF directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A copy of your Ph.D. or higher degree
- Samples of your most current writing or research publications.
- A letter from an accredited institution of higher learning that may be able to host your fellowship. This is not a requirement.
(2). Please submit all application materials via email (preferred), fax, or post.
(3). Letters may be addressed to:
Scholar Rescue Fund
Institute of International Education
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, New York 10017-3580
To know more about IIE-SRF Fellowship, please visit the official website: