Pursue your education in Italy. Good news! Applications for Gran Sasso Science Institute PhD Program are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) PhD Program 2021-2022 offers 31 PhD fellowships to international students in Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science, Urban Studies, and Regional Science. This scholarship will provide tuition fee waiver, accommodation and free meal vouchers.
The Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) PhD Program offers 31 PhD fellowships to international students in Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science, Urban Studies, and Regional Science.
Also Apply for Boston University Presidential Scholarship
The Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) is an international Ph.D. school and a center for research and higher education in the areas of Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Social Sciences. Founded in 2012 in L’Aquila (Italy) as Center for Advanced Studies of the National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN) and then established in March 2016 as a School of Advanced Studies providing post-graduate education.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI)
- Study in: Italy
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science and Regional Science and Economic Geography. For more information, click here.
- Program Period: Four years
- Deadline: June 14, 2021
You may be interested to apply for these scholarships
- MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation Japan
- Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships Netherlands
- Monash Humanitarian Scholarship 2020 Australia
Gran Sasso Science Institute PhD Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- All PhD students will have free accommodation at the guest house during the first year, then will be provided with a financial substitute of 350,00 Euros gross/month (the contribution will be paid upon the presentation of a rental agreement in L’Aquila)
- All PhD students will have free luncheon vouchers (1 per day, working days, except school closures, missions, and other situations contemplated by the GSSI rules)
- All PhD students will have tuition fees waived
- All PhD students will be covered by insurance against any accident and/or injury that may occur while carrying out their PhD activities.
- All PhD students are entitled to a contribution of up to 1.200,00 euro (net) for the purchase of a laptop for study and research purposes. The contribution will be paid upon the presentation of the fiscal receipt headed to the applicant.
Eligibility Criteria for Gran Sasso Science Institute PhD Program
To qualify for Gran Sasso Science Institute PhD Program, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English. English knowledge is compulsory.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Applications are opened to candidates in possession of one of the following degrees:
– “Laurea Magistrale” or “Laurea Specialistica” or a four or five years degree.
– a foreign University degree (minimum legal duration of the University course: four years).
- The eligibility of foreign degrees is assessed by the Selection Committee.
- Applicants will have to send a copy of their degree certificate at email@example.com.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for step by step Application process
How to Apply for Gran Sasso Science Institute PhD Program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Gran Sasso Science Institute PhD Program:
- Fill out the application form.
- You will be required to upload the following documents:
- A copy of the University degree certificate
- An academic transcript (list of the courses attended at the University with grades)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of a valid Identity Document (ID) signed and dated
- Depending on the chosen PhD, you may be required to upload additional documents (es. motivational letter).
- If you got accepted you will go to the second phase which is the interview.
For more information about selection process click here.
To know more about Gran Sasso Science Institute PhD Program, please visit official website: