|Deadline: October 02, 2020, 11:59 pm PST||Institution(s): Facebook|
|Level of Study: Doctoral||Study in: An accredited university in any country.|
Facebook Fellowship Program 2021
Facebook Fellowship Program invites applications from international students who intend to pursue doctoral studies at an accredited university in any country for academic year 2021. The fellowships are offered in computer science, computer engineering or a related area. The winners of the fellowship are entitled to receive two years of study and fees, an annual stipend and conference travel aid.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of the strength of the student’s research statement, the publishing record and the letter of recommendation. The Facebook Fellowship Program is intended to encourage and assist promising doctoral scholars involved in innovative and applicable studies in fields relevant to computer science and engineering.
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
- Research outside the above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
- For more information on our topical areas of interest please visit the website here.
Facebook Fellowship Program 2021 provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
- Tuition money will be paid directly to the school, the stipend will be sent directly to the fellow, unless otherwise specified. Stipends are taxable based on local law.
To be eligible for Facebook Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas above)
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- First or second year PhD students who fit the criteria of a minority group that is under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
- Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
- Read the Terms and Conditions for the Facebook Fellowship program.
How to Apply for Facebook Fellowship Program 2021?
Please follow the following steps to avail Facebook Fellowship Program:
- Keep up to date with the application page from HERE
- All applicants will need to use their Facebook account to apply.
- Applications Must Include
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas)
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic adviser
- When you fill out the application, you will be asked to input an email address for your references. Your references will receive an email with a link to submit their letter. Please ensure that the contact information you enter for your references is accurate.
- The application will allow you to save or submit after entering information. You may go back and edit your application up to the due date.
To know more about Facebook Fellowship Program, please visit official website: