If you want to pursue your masters studies in Switzerland top university with scholarship then this opportunity is for you. In this article we will explain in detail about what is ETH Zurich Scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
ETH Zurich Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is only offered for masters studies. This scholarship provides a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 11,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
Two types of scholarships are offered consisting: the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Program (ESOP) and ETH-D Scholarship. These scholarships are awarded to bright international and national students. The prerequisite is a very good result in their Bachelor’ (top 10% of Bachelor’s program = grade A).
ETH Zurich Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): ETH Zurich
- Study in: Switzerland
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: Three or four semesters
- Deadline: December 15, 2021 (Applications will open from November 1, 2021)
Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering Master
- Biotechnology Master
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Master
- Computer Science Master
- Cyber Security Master
- Data Science Master
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology Master
- Energy Science and Technology Master
- Materials Science Master
- Mechanical Engineering Master
- Micro and Nanosystems Master
- Neural Systems and Computation Master
- Nuclear Engineering Master
- Processs Engineering Master
- Quantum Engineering Master
- Robotics, Systems and Control Master
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Biology Master
- Chemical and Bioengineering Master
- Chemistry Master
- Computational Science and Engineering Master
- High Energy Physics Master
- Interdisciplinary Sciences Master
- Mathematics/Applied Mathematics Master
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Master
- Physics Master
- Quantitative Finance Master
- Statistics Master
System-oriented Natural Sciences
Management and Social Sciences
ETH Zurich Scholarship Coverage
ETH Zurich Scholarship provides the recipients with the following benefits:
- The Excellence Scholarship/ESOP consists of a scholarship covering living and study expenses (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
- The ETH-D Scholarship consists of a scholarship for living and study expenses (CHF 7’500 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department will additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 3’000 per semester or offer an assistantship (with a payment of CHF 500 – 600 per month). In Zurich it covers the demanded CHF 21’000/year for the migration office (in Basel at D-BSSE it covers CHF 24’000). Details see here (PDF, 79 KB).
Eligibility Criteria for ETH Zurich Scholarship 2022
To be eligible for ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- The prerequisite is a very good result in their Bachelor’ (top 10% of Bachelor’s program = grade A).
- Please make sure to be reachable under the telephone number specified in your CV as the selection process might include a phone/VC interview in February
How to Apply for ETH Zurich Scholarship 2022?
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- ESOP and ETH-D Scholarships applications are supplied via eApply (online Master application).
- If you are applying for more than one Master’s program, please submit a separate application form for each degree program.
- In addition to the documents for the Master admission you will need to upload a pre-proposal for your master thesis. See specifications here (PDF, 70 KB).
The pre-proposal for the Master’s thesis must be developed by yourself and use established scientific citation practice.
Plagiarism, negligent or intentional misinformation will lead to exclusion from the admission process or – if discovered later – to the revocation of the admission and of any scholarship.
If your study program does not ask for references you must name two reference persons for your ESOP application.
To know more about ETH Zurich Scholarships, please visit official website: