It is the 1st course created to tackle the global challenges of food innovation along with product design and packaging. FIPDes is training a new generation of food professionals capable of working across borders, with an inclusive vision of innovation to create sound, sustainable and healthy food solutions for the future generations on this planet.
It is a joint master that joins four universities, These universities, amongst the oldest and most prestigious institutes in Europe, offer this truly integrated and unique program, adopting a holistic and cross-disciplinary approach: from initial conception through prototypes to consumption, from raw materials to packaged goods. FIPDes students study, live and get professional experience in four different EU countries. They benefit from the most competitive and innovative learning environments, based on participative learning, teamwork, R&D projects and hands-on training in collaboration with pioneering research, culinary & industrial laboratories.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Eurasmus
- Study in: Joint masters (France, Ireland, Sweden and Italy).
- Courses Offered: Food science innovation and packaging.
- Program Period: Two years.
- Deadline: January 20, 2020
The EMJMD scholarships are including student participation costs (including the tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to student participation in the course), a contribution to student travel and installation cost and a subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study program.
Eligibility Criteria for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree FIPDes
To be eligible for Master of food innovation and product design (FIPDes) Program , these points should be considered:
- Required Languages: English (you will have the opportunity to study French language during the course).
- Eligible Countries: All world Countries.
- Background: BSc: degree or equivalent degree of at least 180 ECTS or equivalent in food science and technology, biotechnology, process engineering, biochemistry, nutrition or food related fields with a number of prerequisites (e.g. chemistry, biotechnology, process technology/engineering, biochemistry, mathematics, statistics) representing at least three years of study from a foreign institute of higher education. Candidates should be interested in a truly international academic experience and aiming for an international career.
- English language proficiency level: (“B2 level” according to CEFR, advanced) demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL at minimum level 575.
- Internet-based TOEFL at minimum level 90.
- IELTS at minimum level 6.5.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (FCE with B2 level, CAE or CPE).
- Students with English as their mother tongue (the copy of a passport is needed to prove this).
- Students who have completed a higher education degree with English as a medium of instruction (a certificate from the university is required to prove this).
- Stay of more than a year in an English-speaking country (a certificate from employer or other as applicable, or a copy of the passport page showing visa to enter and leave the English-speaking country, is needed to prove this).
- Exemptions can exceptionally be made for outstanding students with a lower English proficiency level.
How to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree FIPDes?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here is the first step to avail this scholarship.
(1) Prepare the required documents as follows:
- Completed application form.
- A scan of Passport.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of Motivation.
- Copy of BSc-degree or equivalent.
- Translation of Diploma.
- Transcripts of academic records for each year of the BSc degree or equivalent.
- Recommendation letter: Two reference letters (signed and stamped, if possible use the FIPDes form.
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Proof of your Place of Residence.
(2) Apply to this scholarship through the link given below and attach the above mentioned documents.
To know more about Master of food innovation and product design (FIPDes) Program, please visit the official website: