|Deadline: June 14, 2020||Institution(s): Central South University (CSU)|
|Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / Doctoral (PhD)||Study in: China|
Central South University Scholarship 2020
Central South University Scholarship invite applications from international students who want to pursue undergraduate or masters or PhD degree at Central South University, China for academic year 2020-2021. CSU Scholarship is fully funded and provide coverage of tuition, on-campus accommodation, and medical insurance fees; monthly stipend of 2000 RMB for bachelor students, 2500 RMB for master students, and 3000 RMB for doctoral students.
CSU values moral education and high-quality cultivation, so it has been bettering its talent training model. It has over 55,000 full-time students, including over 34,000 undergraduates, over 20,000 graduate students and nearly 1,647 overseas degree students. The university has 57 national excellent courses, 8 national teaching teams and 8 national experimental teaching demonstration centers.
CSU is an open university. It has established long-term cooperation with more than 200 universities and research institutes in over 30 countries and regions, such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Japan, France, Germany and Russia, and has been extensively engaged in industry-university-research cooperation with a large number of multinational enterprises. Overseas students from more than 100 countries and regions study here.
- 2020 Bachelor’s Programs in Central South University
- 2020 Master’s Programs in Central South University
- 2020 Doctorate Programs in Central South University
- Bachelor: 4-5 years
- Master: 3 years
- Doctorate: 4 years
Central South University Scholarship 2020 will cover:
- Tuition fee
- Medical insurance fee
- Monthly living allowances of 2000 RMB for bachelor students, RMB 3000 for master’s candidates and RMB 3500 for doctoral candidates
- The scholarship covers major study and Chinese language/preparatory study.
To qualify for Central South University Scholarship 2020, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: Students who apply for Chinese-taught programs should obtain a minimum score of 180 in HSK4 for non-medical programs and 220 for medical programs; Students who apply for English-taught programs, should obtain a minimum score of 6 in IELTS or 85 in TOFEL. Students who cannot meet the requirement of Chinese competence shall take a one-year preparatory course of the Chinese language and pass all relevant exams before embarking on their programs. Those who meet one of the following conditions are exempt from proving their linguistic competence:
- Applicants whose first language or the official language of the country is Chinese or English.
- Applicants who have taken a degree program whose teaching language is in Chinese or English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Excellent Non-Chinese citizens, with no criminal records and in good health.
- For Bachelor’s degree, applicants should have a high school degree or its equivalent and should be 18 to 30 years old; for Master’s degree, applicants should have a bachelor degree or its equivalent and should be 18 to 35 years old; for Doctor’s degree, applicants should have a master’s degree or its equivalent and should be 18 to 40 years old.
- Applicants of postgraduate programs are required to have a strong academic background and innovative research capabilities.
- Some programs have their own admission requirement, and applicants shall be qualified before applying. For details, see the 2020 Program Catalogue.
How to Apply for Central South University Scholarship 2020?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Central South University Scholarship 2020:
- Create an account on the university website and start filling the application
- After the acceptance Pay the Application Fee and Mail Hard copies of Material. Submit following required application materials to the university:
- Printed online Application form for Chinese government scholarship with personal signature and photo. (In either Chinese or English)
- Diploma of the Most Advanced Studies (Notarized photocopy)
- Transcript of the Most Advanced Studies (Notarized photocopy)
- copy of the passport
- Study or Research Plan in China (No less than 800 words)
- Two Letters of Recommendation from different professors with detailed contact information
- Non-criminal record (it is only valid for six months from its registration date)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Photocopy) and copies of blood test reports, and it is valid for six months from its registration date.
- A copy of any certificate to prove the English or Chinese level (such as IELTS, TOFEL, GRE, HSK etc).
- A personal statement that not being funded by any person or institutions.
- Other supporting materials such as published papers
- The copy of banknote for application fee RMB yuan 500 or USD 90 . Please write your full name, nationality and actual amount on the bank note.
- This application fee should be sent to the following account: Account Name:Central South University/ Account No:5846 5735 0276/Swift Code:BKCH CNBJ 970/Opening Bank
- The documents mentioned above shall be provided in English or Chinese. Documents in any other languages should be notarized in Chinese or English.
- If a Chinese citizen applies for admission as a foreign student after immigration, he or she must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for more than four years, and within the last four years (up to April 30 of the year of admission), he or she shall have a record of living abroad for more than two years (the actual residence for nine months in a year can be calculated as one year). The calculation is based on entry and exit stamps.
- Mail Addresses:
Non-medical application materials shall be sent to the Main Campus (recipient: Office 212, International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Central South University; Address: Library 212, Main Campus of Central South University, 932 Lushan South Road, Changsha City, Hunan Province; Tel:+86-0731-88877515, 88836737)
Medical programs application materials(clinical medicine, nursing, public health, biology, etc.) shall be sent to Xiangya New Campus (recipient:708 Office; address: Office 708, Xiaoqian Building, Xiangya Medical College, No. 172 Tongzipo Road, Yuelu District, Changsha City, Hunan Province; Tel:+86-0731-82650391).
- The application fees will not be refunded and materials will not be returned regardless of admission results, and the most prospective candidates will be enrolled according to the application materials.
To know more about Central South University Scholarship 2020, please visit official website: