Start your study adventure in New Zealand. Good news! Tongarewa Scholarship is currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Victoria University of Wellington Tongarewa Scholarships 2024-2025 are partially funded scholarships for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate and masters studies and provides the recipient up to NZ$10,000.
The Tongarewa Scholarship (“the Scholarship”) celebrates the University’s commitment to our international student community. We award a range of these scholarships to international students each year. This is a partial fee-based scholarship that will be put towards your tuition fees for one year of study. Applicants can be either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
Scholarships are awarded competitively on the basis of academic excellence. They apply to study in the year following application and will be credited to tuition fees. Shortlisted candidates may be requested to provide additional information to support their application. Recipients of the Scholarship are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of our Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by their deadline.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): Victoria University of Wellington
- Study in: New Zealand
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Check list below
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline: June 01, 2024 / September 01, 2024/ November 30, 2024
Opportunity Focus Areas
- Architectural studies and building science
- English Literature
- Social Sciences
- History and Philosophy
Victoria University of Wellington Tongarewa Scholarships provides the recipients below benefits:
- Up to 10 scholarships of NZ$10,000 will be available to both undergraduate and postgraduate recipients and up to 9 scholarships of NZ$5,000 will be available to postgraduate recipients.
Eligibility Criteria for Tongarewa Scholarships
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for Victoria University of Wellington Tongarewa Scholarships:
- Required Languages: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World countries
- International students who are paying full international fees
- Entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
How to Apply for Victoria University of Wellington Tongarewa Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to win Victoria University of Wellington Tongarewa Scholarships:
(1) Create an account here
(2) Choose your program from here then check qualifications and key dates.
(3) Look at the “How to Apply”, you will find it explained in the chosen program
(5) Required Documents and References:
- A personal statement of up to 500 words outlining why you wish to study at Victoria University of Wellington, your academic goals and why you merit the Scholarship. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community.
- Full transcripts and other documentation relevant to the qualification type.
- An offer of place from Victoria University of Wellington (conditional or unconditional).
Once you have created an account and applied for scholarships, you can expect all correspondence regarding your application to come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this email address to your safe senders list to ensure you do not miss any crucial information regarding your scholarship application.
To know more about Victoria University of Wellington Tongarewa Scholarships, please visit the official website: