|Deadline: March 20, 2020||Institution(s): Universitat de Barcelona|
|Level of Study: Summer School||Study in: Spain|
Urban Economics Association Summer School
Urban Economics Association Summer School invitations are open for international students who are interested in urban economics. The UEA Summer School is designed for PhD students interested in urban economics including, but not limited to, housing, real estate, transportation, local public goods, physical activity distribution, economic geography and urban or regional policy. The summer school’s goal is to provide an intensive training program for interested doctoral students.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt (London School of Economics)
- Nate Baum-Snow (University of Toronto)
- Donald Davis (Columbia University)
- Thomas J. Holmes (University of Minnesota)
- Miren Lafourcade (Université Paris-Saclay)
- Dávid Krisztián Nágy (CREI & Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Urban Economics
June 8 – 10, 2020
The summer school will run for three days. On each day of the summer school there will be two lectures. In addition several students will have an opportunity to present their current research.
- There is a registration fee of 150€, which covers coffee breaks, working lunches, and at least one evening event.
- You are responsible for making your own travel and accommodation arrangements. We have limited funds available to support students who need financial support.
- If you would like to apply for such support, please outline your case in your application in a separate section “Financial Support Request”. We strongly encourage students to first investigate available travel funding from their own universities.
To qualify for Urban Economics Association Summer School, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Language Required: English
Eligible Countries: All world countries
- UEA invites applications from Ph.D. students who are in their second year or beyond their studies. Places in the school are limited by space constraints. Participants are expected to attend all three days in full.
How to Apply for Urban Economics Association Summer School?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Urban Economics Association Summer School:
- Email your CV and a one-page description of the topic of your PhD as one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UEA Summer School 2020, Your Name” in the subject line.
- Ask one of your faculty advisors to send a short note to the same email address with the same subject line endorsing your application to attend and noting how it relates to your research interests and dissertation plans.
- If you wish to present a paper at the summer school (this is not a requirement to apply), include the paper in the same PDF file as your CV and the one page description of the topic of your PhD. We consider only papers which are single-authored or co-authored with other PhD students. Abstracts and extended abstracts are not considered.
To know more about Urban Economics Association Summer School, please visit official websites: