|Deadline: June 01, 2020||Institution(s): University of Reading|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: UK|
University of Reading GIIDAE Empowering Change Scholarship 2020
The Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE) Scholarship are open to international students from World Bank member developing countries to undertake postgraduate studies at University of Reading funding for 2020-21 academic year. Only students with excellent academic achievement will be considered.
GIIDAE scholarships offer funding to assist students in their studies as they pursue a variety of careers that encompass numerous global challenges such as: food production, security, and health; sustainability of agro-ecosystems; climate change, animal welfare and behaviour; poverty alleviation; social development, international development; consumer behaviour and choice.
The Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE) has a diverse range of scholarships available, both those offered by the School; by the University; and by organisations outside of the University. These are offered to enable students to pursue their studies here at Reading.
Eligible full-time Masters degree offered by the Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE):
- MSc Agricultural Economics
- MSc Agriculture and Development
- MSc Applied International Development
- MSc Climate Change and Development
- MSc Consumer Behaviour
- MSc Communication for Development
- MSc Development Finance
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Food Economics and Marketing
- MSc Food Security and Development
- MRes Research Agricultural and Food Economics
- MSc Research Agriculture Ecology and Environment.
University of Reading GIIDAE Empowering Change Scholarship 2020 the recipient with the following benefits:
- Two scholarships will be awarded, each worth £10,000 each. The funds are split between £5,000 towards living expenses and £5,000 applied as a tuition reduction.
To qualify for University of Reading GIIDAE Empowering Change Scholarship 2020, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: Students from World Bank member developing countries
- Applicants should be well-rounded students from World Bank member developing countries, who want to create socio-economic change within their countries using what they have learned through their postgraduate studies with GIIDAE.
- To be considered, applicants must have an offer of a place on 1 of the eligible programs (see above).
- Those who have a conditional offer that includes English and are offered a scholarship, must demonstrate the required level of English proficiency within 1 month of being offered the Scholarship, otherwise the scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
How to Apply for University of Reading GIIDAE Empowering Change Scholarship 2020?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for University of Reading GIIDAE Empowering Change Scholarship 2020:
Applicants have to submit a personal statement based on their previous achievements and aspirations, and explain why they should be given this scholarship. The statement should include the following points:
- An insight into what they have achieved in the past and their goals for the future;
- How this degree will benefit them and their career in the future, including any practical way they think their studies could support their wider community;
- Previous academic achievement, including grades; and
- How their previous professional and volunteer experience qualify them for this award.
- The application should be submitted through the university website given below.
To apply and know more about University of Reading GIIDAE Empowering Change Scholarship 2020, please visit official website:
- Scholarships in UK