|Deadline: September 1, 2020||Institution(s): University of Newcastle
|Level of Study: Masters/PhD||Study in: Australia|
University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarship
University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarship is open to international students from all over the world who are interested to pursue postgraduate studies at University of Newcastle, Australia. A scholarship financed by the University of Newcastle or the Government of the Commonwealth shall provide an annual living allowance of $27,596 per year (2019–indexed annually). Our scholarships for international students cover the cost of school fees and, in some cases, include the cost of the compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover. All national applicants have their RTP charges, up to a maximum of 4 years for PhD applicants and 2 years for MPhil students.
PhD scholarships are for three years and Masters scholarships are for two years, less any tenure already completed towards a research degree.
University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- An annual living allowance $27, 596 per annum (2019 rate – indexed annually)
- A relocation allowance (up to $2,020)
- A thesis allowance (up to $500)
- A full tuition fee scholarship (international students)
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC) (international students)
To be eligible for University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarship, candidates must fulfill following requirements:
- Required Language: English.
Satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5)
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Have a current offer of admission into a research higher degree.
- Have completed at least four years of undergraduate study and have attained Honors Class 1 or equivalent and a high grade point average (GPA)
- Be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the latest outcome date for the round in which they are applying.
- Have a master degree with strong research component
- Have international peer reviewed research publication or research experience
How to Apply for University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
- Find the right research degree for you on our full listing of higher degrees by research.
- Find a supervisor
- Write a research proposal
- Register and Apply now
To apply and know more about University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarship, please visit the official website: