Pursue your studies in Switzerland. Good news! University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this program, its benefits and step by step application process.
University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program 2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is only offered for PhD or Postdoctoral studies. This scholarship provides return travel costs from country of residence to Lucerne, accommodation costs and living allowance up to 2000 CHF per month.
The fellowship programme is set up to support junior scholars (PhD students and postdocs) who wish to undertake a short-term research stay at the institute. The scheme is open to all working broadly on interdisciplinary topics at the intersections between law, the humanities and the social sciences. Focusing on critical and theoretical approaches, the institute aims to bring together a diverse group of scholars who read and think widely across fields, contexts and disciplines.
The Visiting Fellows Program is designed to satisfy aspiring youthful scientists who desire to devote time conducting studies on a specific subject at the university. Fellows are encouraged to communicate and improve their thoughts through involvement in presentations, seminars, colloquia, and meetings during their visit.
- Level of Study: PhD / Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): University of Lucerne
- Study in: Switzerland
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Legal Futures and Futurity
- Law and New Technologies
- Law and the Life Sciences
- Theories of Justice and Histories of the Judiciary
- Law, Art and Politics
- Program Period: The standard period of tenure of a fellowship is between thirty and sixty days. Exceptions to the above are possible. They must, however, be well founded and are made at the discretion of the assessment committee.
- Deadline: September 30, 2022
University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program provides the recipient with following benefits:
- Workspace at the university;
- Borrowing privileges for both the Lucerne central library and the institute’s own reference collection;
- A varied calendar of lectures, seminars, workshops and conferences;
- A friendly and stimulating environment for discussion and reflection.
- A fixed stipend of 2’000 CHF to cover accommodation and living costs. Note that it is the responsibility of fellows to arrange their own accommodation.
- Reimbursement of return travel costs from country of residence to Lucerne (economy class, up to a maximum of 1’500 CHF).
Eligibility Criteria for University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program
To be eligible for University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- The scheme is open to PhD and postdoctoral researchers.
- There are no restrictions on nationality or country of residence.
- The standard term limit for postdocs is up to five years after the completion of the Ph.D.
- Exceptions to the above are possible. They must, however, be well founded and are made at the discretion of the assessment committee.
How to Apply for University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program?
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- All candidates should submit the following documents to Dr. Steven Howe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To know more about University of Lucerne Visiting Fellow Program, please visit official website: