|Deadline: May 31, 2020||Institution(s): University of Exeter|
|Level of Study: Doctoral||Study in: UK|
CDT in Metamaterials: Quantum Nano-photonics – the science and technology of new sources of light Ref: 3802
Doctoral Scholarships are open for international students to pursue their research in “Quantum technologies to advance the integration of single photon emitters in photonic structures” in UK for session 2020/2021. The scholarship covers 3.5 year studentship will cover £1,687 RTSG in total towards the research project and more.
The studentship is part of the UK’s Centre of Doctoral Training in Metamaterials (XM2) based in the Departments of Physics and Engineering on the Streatham Campus in Exeter. Their aim is to undertake world-leading research, while training scientists and engineers with the relevant research skills and knowledge, and professional attributes for industry and academia.
Exeter has a well-established and strong track record of relevant research, and prospective students can consider projects from a wide variety of fields.
- Acoustic and Fluid-dynamical Metamaterials
- Biological and Bio-inspired Metamaterials
- Graphene and other 2D Materials, and related Devices
- Magnonics, Spintronics and Magnetic Metamaterials
- Microwave Metamaterials
- Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites
- Optical, Infra-red and THz Photonics and Plasmonics
- Quantum Metamaterials
- Wave Theory and Spatial Transformation
Are you interested studying in China? visit below links
- Sichuan Government Scholarship SGS
University of Exeter Doctoral Scholarship provides the recipients with below benefits:
- The 3.5 year studentship will cover £1,687 RTSG in total towards the research project (travel, consumables, etc.),
- tuition fees for UK/EU/International students, and an annual, tax-free stipend of approx £15,009 per year.
To qualify for Doctoral Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Applicants for this studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a First or Upper Second Class UK Honours degree, or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
- If English is not your first language you will need to have achieved at least 6.0 in IELTS and no less than 6.0 in any section by the start of the project. Alternative tests may be acceptable. Click here to know more.
How to Apply for University of Exeter Doctoral Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for University of Exeter Doctoral Scholarship:
- Create an account from here to start filling the application.
- Upload the following documents:
- Degree transcript(s) giving information about the qualification awarded, the modules taken during the study period, and the marks for each module taken.
- An academic CV.
- A cover letter outlining your research interests in general, the title of the project(s) you are applying for.
- The contact details of two academic referees.
- A Personal Statement consisting of two parts:
–Why you would like to study for a PhD.
-Why you would like to focus on this particular topic
-Any relevant expertise.
-Your future career ambitions.
2) Describe qualities that you believe will make you a great researcher (in particular as part of a team).
To know more about University of Exeter Doctoral Scholarship, please visit official website:
- Scholarships in UK