Good news! Applications for United Nations Internships are currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this internship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
United Nations Internships 2023-2024 are open to international students. The duration of the internship is 2 to 6 months. United Nations Internships will provide certificate and exciting experience to work with the United Nations office.
The world looks to the United Nations (UN) for solutions to complex problems. The 40,000 staff work to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations and promote social progress, better living standards and human rights. To be effective in solving the world’s problems, the United Nations needs a diverse workforce contributing to these solutions. The Office of Human Resources fosters a dynamic, adaptable, mobile workforce, with the highest level of competence and integrity, to effectively and efficiently serve the mandates of the Organization.
The UN offers an exciting diverse and inclusive workplace. This internship provides a unique opportunity to work with colleagues of diverse background to solve a variety of problems. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join the Organization. If you are selected, you will join a global intern cohort and make a real impact by working on challenging and rewarding projects.
United Nations Internships Summary
- Institution(s): United Nations
- Location: All world countries
- Internship Focused Areas: Click here to view all available areas
- Internship Period: 2 to 6 months
- Internship Deadline: Check deadline here
United Nations Internships will provide certificate and exciting experience to work with the United Nations office.
Eligibility Criteria for United Nations Internships
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for United Nations Internships:
- Required Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For this position fluency in English is required, knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology..
Education: To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants at the time of application must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in journalism, communications, human development, psychology, sociology, disability inclusion, international relations, human resources or related field; or
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in a and b above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation;
- If pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages, have completed at least four years of full time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree in journalism, communications, human development, psychology, sociology, disability inclusion, international relations, human resources or related field;
- Be computer literate in standard word processing and software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel or similar and proficient in standard office automation equipment scanner, printer, etc.).
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
How to Apply for United Nations Internships?
Please follow the following application instructions to win United Nations Internships:
Create an account on the United Nations Portal from here.
Fill in your profile.
Search for the internship and apply for it.
- A completed online application (Cover Letter and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- The Cover Letter must include:
•Title of degree you are currently pursuing;
•Graduation date (when you will be graduating from the program);
•Explanation of your interest in the United Nations Internship Program;
•Experience in drafting targeted communications, conducting data analysis, including visualizing and validating data, and using social media;
•Explanation of why you think you are the best candidate for this role;
- In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, communications and data analysis related experience, software used, and three references.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
- Click here for more information on application process.
To know more about United Nations Internships, please visit official website: