|Deadline: July 31, 2020||Institution(s):The International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS)
|Level of Study: Ph.D||Study in: Pakistan|
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2020
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme is open for international students who want to undertake Ph.D. or doctoral research studies at ICCBS, Karachi for academic year 2020-2021. ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period to be decided with ICCBS.
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2020 will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
To qualify for TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries (non-EU).
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample);
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
How to Apply for TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2020?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme:
- Send a Request for acceptance to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with copy of their .CV and a research proposal outline and two reference letters; See sample preliminary acceptance letter here
- Create an account in the website.
- Start filling the application from here.
- Submit the required documentation.
- Passport scan
- medical certificate
- Two Reference Letters
- degree certificate
- relevant university transcripts
- Certificate of proficiency in English
- Supporting Statement from employer
- complete list of publications
- official Preliminary Acceptance Letter
- Research Proposal Outline
To know more about TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme, please visit official website: