Pursue your studies in Germany. Good news! The Leo Baeck fellowship program is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this fellowship, its benefits and step by step application process.
The Leo Baeck Fellowship program 2024-2025 is a fully funded research grant opportunity for international students. This scholarship provides a monthly stipend of EUR 1,550 plus a monthly research cost allowance of EUR 100.
The international Leo Baeck Fellowship Program is aimed at doctoral candidates who are working on a dissertation in the field of the history and culture of Central European Judaism. Projects from all epochs, disciplines (e.g. literature, philosophy, history, musicology) and geographical areas (e.g. Europe, America, Israel) are welcome, they all have a connection to German-speaking Judaism.
In addition to financial support for one year, the program offers the opportunity for scientific exchange and networking. It is open to doctoral candidates of all nationalities and from all universities worldwide. The fellows remain at their respective universities and come together for two workshops, which are jointly organized by the Leo Baeck Institute London and the Study Foundation.
Also apply for Rhodes Scholarship
- Level of Study: Research Fellowship (Doctoral)
- Institution(s): Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes
- Study in: Germany/ Europe
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Any Field including literature, philosophy, history, musicology
- Program Period: more than a year
- Deadline: March 01, 2024
Leo Baeck Fellowship program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Fellows receive a stipend of 1,550 € a month.
- In addition a monthly research allowance of 100 € is available.
- Fellows can also apply for supplements for health insurance (max. 100 €/month) and childcare, as well as travel allowances to support research tips and participation at conferences abroad.
- Contributions to tuition fees outside Germany may also be granted (max. 10,000 €).
- All funding is provided in accordance with the general regulations issued by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).
Eligibility Criteria for The Leo Baeck Fellowship program
To qualify for Leo Baeck Fellowship program, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English/German
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- University degree(s) with outstanding marks
- Date of latest degree not before March 2020
- Formal qualification for doctoral studies / acceptance on a doctoral programme at a recognised university
- Research project focussing on the history and culture of Central European Jewry
How to Apply for Leo Baeck Fellowship program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Leo Baeck Fellowship program :
Candidates are invited to submit the following documents in English or German:
- Application form (DOC, 2.1 MB)
- Cover letter outlining the motivation for participation in the programme (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae with details on education, general interests and language skills
- Photocopy of university degree(s), including marks and if possible ranking
- Research proposal (5 pages)
- Research schedule for the academic year 2024/25, including planned research trips
- Letter of recommendation by the supervisor of the PhD project
- Second letter of recommendation
We accept applications by e-mail (as a single pdf document please, the letters of recommendation may be submitted separately). Only complete application sets will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to two video-based interviews in April/May 2024.
Also Apply for Fully Funded MEXT Scholarship
To know more about Leo Baeck Fellowship program, please visit official website: