|Deadline: February 14, 2020||Institution(s): See List Below|
|Level of Study: Diploma, Undergraduate, Masters||Study in: Brunei Darussalam|
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship is open to international students who intend to pursue undergraduate and masters studies at Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and Politeknik Brunei (PB) of Brunei Darussalam. These scholarships are fully funded and are designed to attract high quality overseas students.
Programs offered and entry qualifications are available from the following:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei
- Politeknik Brunei
It depends on the program and the university schedule.
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
Exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the program;
An economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
A monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00
A monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00
An annual book allowance of BND$600.00
Accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- Baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
Comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
To qualify for The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Required Language: English, Malay or Arabic
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2020.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship.
- A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.
- Upon completion of the program, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect.
How to Apply for The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship:
- You must check the university link of your studying choice attached above
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: applyBDGS2020@mfa.gov.bn
- For further enquiries please contact:
- Tel: +673 2261177 ext. 310 / 684
- Fax: + 673 2261250
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, please visit official website: