|Deadline: January 15/February 18, 2021||Institution(s): Swedish Institute|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Sweden|
Pursue your studies in Sweden. Good news! Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) Scholarship is a fully funded masters scholarship for international students. This scholarship provides full tuition fees, living expenses of SEK 10,000/month, a travel grant of SEK 15,000 and more.
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) Scholarships are open for international students to pursue their masters degree in Sweden. The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) program is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI).
An estimated 300 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2021. Usually, 1-2 % of the applicants are awarded a SISGP scholarship.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
SISGP offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programs starting in the autumn semester of 2021. Some of these programs include, but not limited to, the following:
- Computer Science
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Studies
- 1 or 2 Years.
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) provide the recipient with:
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by the Swedish Institute.
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000.
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development.
Eligibility Criteria Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
To qualify for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) , candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries:You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship program. Read more about country of citizenship
- Work experience: You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment.
- Leadership experience: You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment.
- University admissions: You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by 3 April 2020.
- Country of citizenship: You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship program.
- Dual citizenship: If you have dual citizenships and both are eligible for SI scholarship program(s), you should choose only one of the citizenships when applying for SI scholarships. This means that you can only apply to one SI scholarship program. Applicants who apply to more than one SI scholarship using more than one citizenship, will be disqualified.
Master’s programs: The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships
How to Apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) ?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP):
(1). Apply for a master’s program at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2020– 15 January 2021. Only master’s programs that are on the list of master’s programs are eligible for SISGP. Follow the instructions below.
- To begin with, apply for up to four eligible master’s programs at universityadmissions.se by 15 January 2021.
- Once you have submitted your application to the master’s program(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to SISGP.
- 9 February 2021 is the deadline for receipt of application fee and supporting documents that are required by University Admissions. The application fee is non-refundable.
- If you missed the deadlines or failed to follow the application procedure at University Admissions, you will not be eligible for an SI scholarship.
- The eligibility and application procedure for SI scholarships and for university admissions are different.
(2). Apply for an SI scholarship between 8-18 February 2021, follow the instructions below.
- After you have completed your application to a master’s program you can apply for an SI scholarship. See more information about required documents and forms above.
- During the application period 8-18 February 2021, submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal.
- The online application portal is open from 00:00 CET 8 February 2021 to 23:59 CET 18 February 2021. Access to the online application portal will be available on this page below during the application period.
- A motivation letter: you must use the SISGP form for motivation letter 2019/2020.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV): you must use the SISGP template for CV and the CV should not exceed the number of pages indicated in the template. Additional pages will not be considered.
- Two different letters of reference: you must use the SISGP form for the letter of reference. At least one letter of reference must be based on your work experience. It will be a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organizations outside of your regular work. The letters should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file.
- Proof of work and leadership experience: you must use the SISGP form for proof of work and leadership experience. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file.
- A copy of your passport: your personal data including name, citizenship, and photograph must be shown clearly. Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as the last page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport to include
You can watch a video with Abdo Samy (SISGP Scholar) and he is explaning everything related to the scholarship: Watch video from here
- Notifications from university admissions will be in 9 April 2021
- Announcement of 300 successful SI scholarship Recipients will be in 28 April 2021.
To know more about Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) , please visit official website: