|Deadline: July 14, 2020||Institution(s): Barcelona Super-computing Center|
|Level of Study: Post-doctoral||Study in: Spain|
STARS Fellows Programme
STARS: SupercompuTing And Related applicationS Fellows Programme invite applications from international researchers who want to pursue post-doctoral research at Barcelona Super-computing Center, Spain. STARS Fellows Programme will provide annual living and mobility allowances (35,000€ gross salary), annual Family allowance Researchers (1,500€ gross salary) and annual budget for Travel and Research & Training activities (5,400€).
BSC STARS International Research Fellow programme aims at promoting the training of highly skilled post-doc in all fields of High Performance Computing and related applications, specifically in Earth Science and Meteorology, in Life Sciences, Genomics and Personalized Medicine and in Computational Engineering and Physics and Computational Sciences. Participation in the BSC STARS programme will be a unique opportunity for young researchers to boost their careers and enhance their professional growth.
Also apply for Rhodes Scholarship | Fully Funded with a living stipend of £15,144 per annum and all University and College fees.
The programme will award 6 post-doctorate researchers of all nationalities with 24-month incoming fellowships, providing them with all necessary tools for developing their potentials, skills and knowledge in a stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment, and offering them intersectorial short secondments (1-3 months) with private industry or non-academic research centres (such as Lenovo, CISCO, AstraZeneca, IBERDROLA, EU JRC, AEMET, IRB and CRG) in order to boost their career perspectives as successful independent researchers.
Forrest Fellowships are offered to early-stage post-doctoral researchers who have outstanding academic profiles and who have already made significant personal research contributions to their discipline.
- Earth Science and Meteorology
- Life Sciences
- Genomics and Personalized Medicine
- Computational Engineering and Physics
- Computational Social Sciences
For more information about BSC research lines and groups available in the STARS programme click here.
- 3 years
Also Check The Elite Sport Scholar Award at Cardiff Metropolitan University and avail the chance to get £1,000 discount from their programme tuition fees and other benefits.
STARS Fellows Programme will provide:
- Annual living and mobility allowances (35.000€ gross salary).
- Annual Family allowance Researchers (1.500€ gross salary).
- Annual budget for Travel and Research & Training activities (5.400€).
To qualify for STARS Fellows Programme, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Candidates may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline (Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account).
- Candidates must be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience at the date of the call deadline.
- Candidates must not have been awarded a PhD degree for more than 6 years prior to the call deadline or may not have more than 10 years of research experience prior to the call deadline (Exceptions are made for documented periods of parental leave and sick leave. Women may claim up to 12 months for child, for a maximum of 3 years).
How to Apply for STARS Fellows Programme?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for STARS Fellows Programme:
Don’t miss an opportunity! Follow us on Instagram. 🙂
- Fill the Application form with the following information:
- Personal and contact details.
- Contact details of the referees.
- Contact detail of the PhD Supervisor.
- Date and institution of the PhD award.
- Definition of Main research area of interest at BSC and Selection of the 3 BSC groups, in order of interest, that the fellow would join at BSC.
- Provide the following documents with your application:
- A Resume/CV which has to include all the fields of the attached PDF. (maximum 4000 characters with spaces).
- A Cover/Motivation Letter explaining your interest in joining the Programme and BSC and specifically explaining the interest that you have in the research group(s) that you have chosen, and indicate the match between the group with your research experience (maximum 4000 characters with spaces).
- Your Research plan (maximum 4000 characters with spaces).
- 2 References letters (maximum 4000 characters with spaces): indicating the contact information of the referees.
- Submit your application.
To know more about STARS Fellows Programme, please visit official website: