Good news! Applications for Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships are currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this internship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships 2024-2025 are open to international students. The duration of the internship is 10-15 weeks. APAC offers modest internship stipends every semester.
The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center believes that a great 21st-century museum is more than a building. They engage communities in surprising and innovative ways, transcending boundaries, and barriers. They are a migratory museum that brings Asian Pacific American history, art, and culture to you through innovative museum experiences online and throughout the United States.
The Center works to redefine and expand the traditional museum model to transform how museums can be places for civic engagement, critical and constructive dialogue, and social justice. Through public programs, like signature series Culture Labs, that invite visitors to inquire, discover, and learn via direct exchanges with artists, scholars, and cultural practitioners, They engage the public through events that recognize art and culture as vehicles that can bring them together in a new model of the museum experience.
Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships Summary
- Institution: Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center
- Locations: USA
- Internship-Focused Areas: All majors
- Internship Period: Internships usually last anywhere between 10-15 weeks. We encourage part-time internships of 20-30 hours per week and are flexible with start & end dates, duration, and number of hours worked per week.
- Spring Cycle 2024: November 10, 2023
- Summer Cycle 2024: February 9, 2024
- Fall Cycle 2024: May 17, 2024
Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships Benefits
Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships will cover the following benefits:
APAC offers modest internship stipends every semester–funding is limited and highly competitive. Interns may also receive academic credit through their universities. We encourage all applicants to research scholarship opportunities that support internships at their universities. The Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships also offers funded opportunities through several scholarship programs.
Eligibility Criteria for Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Current undergraduate students (current sophomores, juniors, and seniors), graduate students, and recent graduates.
- All majors welcome.
How to Apply for Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships?
Please follow the following application instructions to win Internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for step by step Application process
(1) Make sure that you have all the needed documents:
- Cover Letter of no more than 2 pages addressing:
- Why do you want to be an intern at APAC?
- What knowledge and skills do you hope to learn from the internship?
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
- Resume. Please include relevant experience, including any technical proficiency in social media platforms, coding languages, and programs such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation addressing: Academic ability. Professionalism. Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- 1 Relevant Work Sample
(2) Submit the following application materials through the Smithsonian’s SOLAA portal.
(3) After entering SOLAA, follow the instructions on the lefthand navigation bar and choose the option for the Asian Pacific American Center Internship Program.
Note: If you faced any problems or had any question send it on the email: APAC@si.edu
To know more about Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships, please visit the official website: