Pursue your studies abroad. Good news! Schlumberger Foundation fellowship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this fellowship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship 2024-2025 is a funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is valued at maximum of USD 50,000 per year for a PhD and maximum of USD 40,000 per year for a Post-doc and may be renewed through to completion of studies.
The Faculty for the Future program, launched in 2004, awards fellowships to women from developing and emerging economies to pursue PhD or Post-doctoral research in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) at leading universities worldwide.
The program’s long-term goal is to generate conditions that result in more women pursuing scientific careers by lowering the barriers women face when entering STEM disciplines, thus reducing the gender gap.
- Level of Study: PhD (Doctoral) / Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Leading universities worldwide
- Study in: Any Country
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Biology
- Deadline: November 10, 2023
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD 50,000 per year for a PhD and maximum of USD 40,000 per year for a Post-doc and may be renewed through to completion of studies.
- Renewal grants are subject to performance, self-evaluation, recommendations from supervisors and strong evidence of re-integration plans in the home country.
Eligibility Criteria for Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships
To qualify for Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy*. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which one is citizenship of a developed country. (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of the date of such additional citizenship);
- are preparing for a PhD degree or post-doctoral research in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines. Awards in biological sciences are limited to interdisciplinary research between physical and biological sciences. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- are enrolled, admitted or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where a candidate has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich course the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad (i.e., not from the home country university);
- hold an excellent academic record;
- have a proven track record of teaching experience or can demonstrate commitment to teaching;
- can demonstrate active PARTICIPATION in faculty life and outreach programs to encourage young women into the sciences;
- are willing to contribute to the socio-economic development of your home country and region by strengthening the faculties in your home university, pursuing relevant research, or using your specific expertise to address public policy matters.
How to Apply for Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships?
Please follow the following application instructions to Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships:
- Create your own account.
- Validate your account from a verification message sent to your e-mail, check your e-mail.
- Login to your account.
- Press ”Your Application” for 2024.
- Complete your online application form and attach the required documents, then Submit.
To know more about Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships, please visit the official website: