Pursue your studies in USA. Good news! Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this fellowship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is only offered for Postdoctoral studies. Fellowship payments are calculated to cover cost of a short-term, furnished rental apartment, plus cost of living for food, local transportation, and other necessities.
This program is a federally funded international exchange program that offers democracy activists, journalists, civil society leaders and scholars from around the world the opportunity to spend five months at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) in Washington, D.C. to conduct independent research on democracy in a particular country or region.
Also apply for Humber International Entrance Scholarship
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral / Non-degree
- Institution(s): National Endowment for Democracy
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Area(s): Democratic Studies
- Program Period: 5 months
- Deadline: November 6, 2023 (The deadline for applications is November 6, 2023. The deadline for letters of recommendation is November 13, 2023.)
Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Fellowship payments are calculated to cover cost of a short-term, furnished rental apartment, plus “cost of living” for food, local transportation, and other necessities.
- Each fellow receives a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and round-trip travel to and from Washington, D.C., at the beginning and end of the fellowship period.
- Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, plus a limited budget for long-distance phone calls and professional travel within the United States.
- Please note that fellows who wish to bring family members with them to Washington, D.C., will be expected to cover the costs of their dependents’ round-trip travel and stay within the United States.
Eligibility Criteria for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship
To be eligible for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: Demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Propose a project focusing on the political, social, economic, legal or cultural aspects of democratic development
- Be available to work in residence at the International Forum for Democratic Studies in Washington, D.C. during the 5 month fellowship period (October 1-February 28 or March 1-July 31). No other fellowships or jobs may be held at this time.
- Applicants on the practitioner track should:
- Have substantial practical experience working to promote democracy or human rights in their country of origin or interest.
- Be mid-career professionals.
- Applicants on the scholarly track should:
- Possess a doctorate (a Ph.D., or academic equivalent) at the time of application.
- Have a proven record of publications in their field.
- Have developed a detailed research outline for their fellowship project.
- Prior to applicants’ arrival in the United States, fellows who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of the United States must obtain a J-1 exchange visitor visa in order to travel to the United States. Accompanying family members must obtain a J-2 visa.
- Fellowship applicants cannot have participated in a J-1 research scholar program within the 24 months immediately preceding their Reagan-Fascell fellowship.
- Fellows who are sponsored on our J-1 visa are typically required by U.S. law to return to their home country for two years following the completion of their fellowship before they may apply for an H visa, an L visa, or for legal permanent residence.
Also apply for IRP Research Grant (Fully Funded)
How to Apply for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship?
Please follow the following steps to avail Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship:
- In order to apply for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship you must first create an account through the online portal. Once you have set up an account, the application process requires you to submit:
- Applicant information.
- Project proposal for the practitioner or the scholarly fellowship track.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Resume/CV and Biography.
- Please submit all application materials in English.
To know more about Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship, please visit the official website: