Pursue your education in UK. Good news! Applications for Newcastle University PhD Scholarships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
Newcastle University PhD Scholarships 2021-2022 are partially funded scholarships for international students. Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship (NUORS) covers the difference between home and overseas fee rates (value to be determined).
Newcastle University was established in 1834. have a world-class reputation for research excellence and our pioneering academics strive for excellence with impact. The high-quality academic work is responsive to large-scale societal needs and demands. Newcastle University has four campuses: in Newcastle, London, Singapore, and Malaysia. Newcastle University was ranked in the top 150 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2020) and in the top 10 in Europe for teaching excellence (Times Higher Education Europe Teaching Rankings).
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): Newcastle University
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find the available PhD opportunities
- Program Period: The award is valid for the normal duration of the PhD (not longer than 3 years).
- Deadline: April 23, 2021
Newcastle University PhD Scholarship covers the difference between home and overseas fee rates (value to be determined).
Eligibility Criteria for Newcastle University PhD Scholarships
To qualify for Newcastle University PhD Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English. IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all other sub-skills).
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- You have been offered a place on a PhD research programme
- You have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes, and are wholly or partially self-financing
- You intend to register to start your studies during the 2021/22 academic year
- Applications for a NUORS award cannot be made for a course that has already been started by a student.
- Applicants must be applying for a course of study based at our Newcastle Campus; courses based in London, Malaysia or Singapore are not eligible for this award.
How to Apply for Newcastle University PhD Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Newcastle University PhD Scholarships:
(1) You must have already applied for and been offered a place to study at Newcastle University before you apply for a NUORS award. So first find a PhD of your interest here.
(2) You must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system.
(3) To do this please ‘Create a new account
(4) Only mandatory fields need to be completed. However, you will need to include the following information:
Attach a covering letter and CV.
Attach degree transcripts and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications
(5) Please complete the online NUORS application form and in accordance with the NUORS regulations. You will also be required to provide details of an academic referee; the University will then contact your referee directly.
(1) Further details can be found in the NUORS Regulations 21/22 (PDF: 110KB). Please read these thoroughly before applying.
(2) If you experience problems with the application form, please contact Student Financial Support.
Student Health and Wellbeing Service
Student Financial Support
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU
Telephone: +44 (0)191 208 5537/8107
To know more about Newcastle University PhD Scholarships, please visit official website: