Pursue your education in China. Good news! Applications for MOFCOM Scholarship are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
MOFCOM Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. These scholarships are available for masters and PhD. MOFCOM Scholarships for International Students is valued at 36000 RMB/Year for each master’s degree student; 42000 RMB/Year for each doctoral degree student.
Starting from 2008, the Academic Education Programs sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China is designed to foster top cadre business officials and managerial personnel from the recipient countries, offering one-year or two-year master programs as well as three-year doctoral programs
The scholarship offers one-year or two-year master programs as well as three-year doctoral programs for the purpose of offering inter-disciplinary education to top-level personnel working in the fields of government, trade, foreign affairs, agriculture, technology, education, culture, and health, building intellectual capacity and facilitating the economic and social development of the recipient countries. These programs provide assistance to government officials, research fellows, and senior managerial personnel for their master and doctoral education in China. The programs are fully conducted in English. Admission requirements include a bachelor’s degree, relevant working experiences, and good health conditions, essential for the high-compact curriculum programs.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): View list below
- Study in: China
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Applied fields of government, trade, foreign affairs, agriculture, technology, education, culture and health, building intellectual capacity and facilitating the economic and social development of the recipient countries.
- Program Period: MOFCOM Scholarship-CSC Program supports Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3 years. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program.
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
MOFCOM Scholarship Participating Universities
- Peking University
- Tsinghua University
- Renmin University of China
- Beijing Normal University
- Beijing Jiaotong University
- University of International Business and Economics
- Beihang University
- Nankai University
- Tianjin University
- Jilin University
- Fudan University
- Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Tongji University
- East China Normal University
- Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
- Nanjing University
- Zhejiang University
- Xiamen University
- Shandong University
- Wuhan University
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Wuhan University of Technology
- Sun Yat-sen University
- Southwest Jiaotong University
- Xi’an Jiaotong University
- Harbin Institute of Technology
- Zhejiang Normal University.
You may be interested to apply for these scholarships
MOFCOM Scholarship will cover:
- Exemption from tuition fees, teaching materials fees, research and investigation fees, English teaching subsidies, and graduation thesis guidance fees.
- Free access to on-campus accommodation.
- Living subsidy: 36000 RMB/Year. for each master’s degree student; 42000 RMB/Year. for each doctoral degree student.
- Settlement allowance: 3000 RMB/person.
- Comprehensive medical insurance in China.
- Free round-trip international air ticket: 1 time for students studying for one year; for those studying for two years or more, 1 time of free round-trip international air ticket plus n-1(n for the number of schooling years) time(s) of round-trip air ticket for returning home to visit relatives.
- All degree students are required to participate in the annual review, and those who pass the academic performance assessment can continue to enjoy the full scholarship in the second year.
- Other expenses are managed by the Ministry of Commerce or the school, and won’t be distributed to the students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides funding for students within the academic system. The student whose graduation is postponed will not continue to receive funding.
Also Apply for DAAD Scholarship and get a monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for MOFCOM Scholarship
To qualify for MOFCOM Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- The Applicants must be healthy non-Chinese citizens under the age of 45 (born after Sept. 1, 1976) from the developing countries.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or above with three or more years of work experience.
- Applicants with professional learning or working background related to the program and still in service will be preferable.
- Must be serving as public officials at the department level or above (or corresponding levels) of the government of the home country, senior management personnel of various institutions and enterprises, or academic backbones of universities and scientific research institutions.
- The Applicants must be proficient in English and utilizing English for specialty course study.(Reference Standard: IELTS 6.0 or above in overall band score, or new TOEFL 80 or above).
- All applicants shall be in good physical and mental conditions. A health certificate or medical report issued by a local public hospital is required. The Applicants should have no diseases prohibited by China’s Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations from entering China or from staying in China for a long time, including severe hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, other chronic diseases, mental disorders or infectious diseases which may have a serious impact on public health. Applicants who are in the period from a major surgery recovery, onset of the acute disease, or have severe disabilities will not be considered. Females during pregnancy are not allowed to participate in training in China. If the Applicant becomes pregnant while studying in China, she will be expelled from school.
- Students having studied in China or having been admitted to other Chinese government scholarship programs are not allowed to apply.
- Applicants should be equipped with the potential for career development in this field and intend to promote friendly exchanges and cooperation between the home country and China.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for step by step Application process
How to Apply for MOFCOM Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for MOFCOM Scholarship:
Note: Before online application, the applicant should first confirm the correct Program Category and Agency Number with the responsible agencies. Please visit the following website for introductions of various scholarship programs under CSC scheme from here.
(1) You must apply online for the university on the university website.
(2) Then apply for the scholarship, You must prepare the following documents:
- Prepare an original copy and photocopy of each document (Physical Examination Form),
- English Language Proficiency Test Results,
- Photocopy of a Valid Passport,
- Research Plan,
- Personal Statement,
- Official Transcripts,
- Academic Recommendation Letter
(3) Create an account to apply for the scholarship from here.
(4) Sign-in and fill the scholarship application with the following information (Personal Details, Select the correct “Program Category”, Input the correct Agency Number, Input Application Information).
(5) You will find the application in the top right corner of this page here.
(6) Click” Print the Application Form” and download the form.
(7) Submit the scholarship application under the requirements of the dispatching authorities.
To know more about MOFCOM Scholarship, please visit official website: