Mobility Grant for Norwegian Language and Literature is open to international students who intend to pursue masters Norwegian Institute, Norway. The mobility grant is awarded Master and Ph.D. students in countries outside Norway and at institutions with a department for Nordic/Scandinavian studies, whom have chosen Norwegian language or Norwegian literature as topic for their dissertation. The grant must be used for fieldwork in Norway in connection with the dissertation.
The mobility grant is awarded for a minimum of one and a maximum of three months. The fieldwork must be conducted at a Norwegian higher educational/research institution, and the applicant must provide details of a tutor at this institution who has agreed to tutor the student during his/her stay in Norway. The grant is given as a contribution to covering expenses in connection with the research stay in Norway.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Norwegian Institute
- Study in: Norway
- Courses Offered:
- Program Period: Maximum of three months.
- Deadline: March 25, 2024 (The next call for application will be published in January 2024. This call will apply for fieldwork in Norway during the academic year 2024-2025.)
Mobility Grant for Norwegian Language and Literature will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- A new, differentiated travel grant is introduced, in addition to grant for board and lodging.
- Travel grant (fixed rates):
- NOK 3,000 for travel from countries in Europe
- NOK 4,500 for travel from St. Petersburg and Moscow in Russia
- NOK 6,000 for travel from other cities in Russia, other Eurasia countries and countries outside of Europe
Grant for board and lodging:
- The grant follows the rates set by The Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund for basic support and is NOK 11 800 per month for the academic year 2023-2024.
To qualify for Mobility Grant for Norwegian Language and Literature, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- The Mobility grant is awarded master and ph.D. Student in countries outside Norway, at institutions with a Department for Nordic/Scandinavia studies, whom have chosen Norwegian language or Norwegian literature as topic for their dissertation. The grant must be used for fieldwork in Norway in connection with the dissertation.
- The applications will be assessed by the Program Committee for Norwegian Studies Abroad.
- The applicants will be informed about the outcome of their application.
- Reporting: A report about the fieldwork must be submitted within one month after the fieldwork has ended. A report form will be available under “My tasks” in Espresso.
- Who may not apply:
• Bachelor students.
• Students who have previously grants from Diku (SIU) for the same project with the same education level.
• Students with Norwegian citizenship, studying at Master or ph.D. level at an institution outside Norway.
How to Apply?
Please follow the following process to apply for this grant:
1. Download and read the Guidelines for the Mobility grant for Norwegian Language and Literature.
2. Prepare a project description and contact a tutor and an institution of higher learning in Norway.
3. Fill out the online application form in Espresso. The application can be written in English or Norwegian.
4. Obligatory attachments:
- a recommendation letter from the home institution tutor
- a personal invitation letter from the Norwegian institution
5. Submit the application before the annual deadline March 25th, 2023.
6. Your application will be assessed by the Programme Committee for Norwegian Studies Abroad.
7. The applicant will be informed about the outcome of their application approximately in May.
To know more about Mobility Grant for Norwegian Language and Literature, please visit official website: