Applications for MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
MEXT University Recommendation Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available for masters and PhD. MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship will cover 100% of tuition, 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses and economy class air travel.
MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation are open for international students at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU), Japan. This scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU.
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing the international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities. APU will automatically recommend outstanding eligible candidates to the scholarship organization.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
- Study in: Japan
- Program Period:
- Master: 1.5-2 Years
- Doctorate: 3-4 Years
- Deadline: November 18, 2021
- Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies (Master’s Programs)
- International Relations (IR)
- Society and Culture (SC)
- International Public Administration (IPA)
- Public Health Management (PHM)
- Sustainability Science (SS)
- Tourism and Hospitality (TH)
- Development Economics (DE)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA Program)
- Accounting and Finance (AF)
- Marketing and Management (MM)
- Innovation and Operations Management (IOM)
- Japanese Management (JM)
- Dual Degree International Material Flow Management (IMAT) Program ( 2 years )
- For more details Here
- Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies (Doctoral Program) (3 years )
- For more details Here
MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
- Incoming international students are required to live on campus at AP House (APU’s dormitory) during their first year at APU (out of funding).
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship
To qualify for MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English or Japanese
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Be born on or after April 2, 1987
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU
- Recipients of this scholarship must have student as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan
How to Apply for MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation:
- Set up your account from Here for the online application login.
- Download the Application guideline from Here.
- When you are ready, click “STEP 1” from the menu shown on the left to start registering your application information.
- Selection Process:
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT (SGU) application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.
To know more about MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship, please visit official website: