|Deadline: January 31, 2020||Institution(s): Geneva Academy|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Switzerland|
Master Scholarship for Geneva Academy Switzerland 2020
Master Scholarship for Geneva Academy Switzerland are open for international students to pursue their master degree in International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights (LLM) at Geneva Academy, Switzerland. International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights (LLM) is one of the most innovative and intellectually challenging programs in international humanitarian law (IHL) and human rights offered in Europe today.
This one-year postgraduate degree course provides advanced, comprehensive and practical training in IHL, international human rights law, international refugee law, international criminal law, as well as the interplay between them.
The program allows students to tailor their studies according to their particular interests. Core courses provide a firm grounding in public international law, IHL, IHRL, international refugee law and international criminal law. Optional courses allow students to deepen their expertise in a particular issue such as the conduct of hostilities, enforced disappearances in international law or the Islamic law of armed conflict.
- International humanitarian law.
- International human rights law.
- International law.
- International refugees’ law.
- International criminal law.
Are you interested studying in China? visit below links
- Sichuan Government Scholarship SGS
Master Scholarship for Geneva Academy Switzerland provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Full Scholarship Covers:
- Tuition Fees.
- living expenses in Geneva for ten months.
- Partial Scholarship Covers:
- Tuition Fees.
Please note: Full scholarships are only for citizens of non-western countries, therefore Applicants from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and Western Europe cannot be considered for a full scholarship.
To qualify for Master Scholarship for Geneva Academy Switzerland, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English, French
- A sound command of English. You must be able to show, via a recognized test, that your English is of a high enough standard to successfully engage with and complete your course at the Geneva Academy. This requirement does not apply if (1) your mother tongue is English; (2) you have taken an English-taught bachelor’s or master’s degree; (3) you have at least two years’ professional or academic experience in an English-speaking environment.
- A passive knowledge of French is an asset as students might have to attend conferences and class presentations in French.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- A full degree in law (received by June at the latest) enabling the applicant to sit the bar exam in the relevant country; or another degree if the applicant has a significant amount of training in public international law and courses related to our program (e.g. international human rights law, international humanitarian law, international criminal law).
- A strong academic record.
- A demonstrable interest in the subject matter of the program (e.g. professional experience, internships, summer school, conferences attended, publications, etc.).
How to Apply for Master Scholarship for Geneva Academy Switzerland ?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Master Scholarship for Geneva Academy Switzerland:
The online application is divided into the following steps:
- Decide whether to apply (1) without scholarship, (2) with full scholarship; (3) with partial scholarship
- Complete the application form
- Attach the required documents
- Submit your application
The documents you have to provide with your application are:
- Your curriculum vitae in English.
- A personal statement in English explaining your interest in and potential contribution to the programme (no longer than two pages).
- Two letters of recommendation in English – no specific format is required.
- Certified copies of relevant degrees and diplomas (with an officially certified translation when not in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish) – if copies are not certified, you will need to present the original documents upon your arrival in Geneva.
- Certified copies of official records of university examinations taken and grades obtained (with an officially certified translation when not in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish) – if copies are not certified, you will need to present the original documents upon your arrival in Geneva.
- If you are currently enrolled in a university program, an attestation by the relevant university of your current enrollment with an official record of the latest university examinations taken and grades obtained.
- Language tests – TOEF IELTS, DALF – or verification of language skills (the Geneva Academy does not have an attributed code; please do not use the University of Geneva code, nor the Graduate Institute code).
- A copy of your passport.
The required documents for the scholarship (Partial or Full):
- Proof of your current income (e.g. salary statement, bank statement, tax declaration, employer’s letter) – if such proof is not available, please explain why.
- Proof of your family’s financial situation (e.g. salary statement, bank statement) – if such proof is not available, please explain why.
- Proof, if applicable, of any financial support you currently receive (e.g. letter from parents, sponsors, scholarship donor).
To know more about Master Scholarship for Geneva Academy Switzerland, please visit official website:
- Scholarships in Australia