|Deadline: August 07, 2020||Institution(s): Marcus Oldham College
|Level of Study: Undergraduate||Study in: Geelong, Australia|
Dr. Alastair Mackenzie International Scholarship Fund
Dr. Alastair Mackenzie International Scholarship Funds are open to needy international students who want to undertake undergraduate at Marcus Oldham College, Australia for academic year 2020-2021. The scholarship covers $15000 of the fees in the appropriate academic year.
Marcus Oldham College provides a unique educational opportunity to encourage young people passionate about making a career in the Australian Wool Industry with its different stages, including wool science and technology, wool growing, and textile production stage.
The Dr. Alastair Mackenzie Scholarship is sponsored by WISS Woolbrokers. Formed in 1979 by woolgrowers, WISS is a grower-owned and controlled wool broker. Other sponsors include BJ Underwood Pty Ltd, the Australian Wool Education Trust, and Geoff & Helen Handbury Foundation.
- Wool science and technology
- Plant and crop sciences
- Textile production
Marcus Oldham College Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship covers $15000 of the fees in the appropriate academic year(s) unless otherwise agreed by the college.
To be eligible for Marcus Oldham College Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- This scholarship is available to applicants enrolled or intending to enroll in Year 1 of the Agriculture Program.
How to Apply for Marcus Oldham College Scholarship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail this scholarship:
- Apply for an admission offer from the Marcus Oldham College using this form.
- Prepare the following documents:
- Your CV with the contact details of two referees
- A statement of your Year 12 results and university ENTER score if applied for
- Scholarship essay: 500-word essay answering the following question: “In applying for this scholarship you are signaling your interest in a career in the sheep and wool industry. What future activity in the industry do you wish to pursue?”
- College essay: 100-word essay answering the question “What are your career goals and aspirations?”
- Submit your scholarship application using:
- The email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fax number 03 5244 1263
- Submit the application by post to the following address.
Marcus Oldham College
Private Bag 116
Geelong Mail Centre VIC 3221
- Applicants can submit for more than one scholarship, but they can only receive one scholarship in any one academic year. If you’re applying for more than one scholarship, one copy of your CV and one copy of your College essay is sufficient.
- Acknowledgment of receipt of the application will be emailed to the email address you provided on your CV.
- Applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be advised approximately three weeks before the interview date. Interviews will be conducted on campus at Marcus Oldham on 13th September 2020. The College does not conduct scholarship interviews via Skype, Facetime, or Phone, except for international applicants. If no applicants are deemed to meet the selection criteria scholarships may not be awarded. The College also reserves the right to extend the closing and interview dates.
- The successful applicant will receive a Scholarship Letter of Offer and must advise the College in writing, of acceptance of the scholarships and obligations as a recipient within 7 days of written notification.
To know more about Marcus Oldham College Scholarship, please visit official website: