Pursue your education in New Zealand. Good news! Applications for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships 2024-2025 are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available for undergraduate and masters. The scholarship holds full tuition fees, living allowance, medical insurance, travel allowance, and research and thesis costs for research students.
Studying abroad is more than just an academic pursuit; it’s a transformative journey that extends far beyond the classroom. Among the plethora of opportunities available, the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship stands as a beacon, offering a gateway to not only academic excellence but also an immersion into the captivating Kiwi lifestyle and culture.
The experience encapsulated within the scholarship program is nothing short of life-altering. It’s a holistic journey that transcends the boundaries of education, aiming to shape not just careers, but minds and perspectives. From enriching academic pursuits to relishing the relaxed and vibrant Kiwi lifestyle, this scholarship has the potential to redefine and elevate your life in numerous ways.
At the core of this experience lies the chance to expand one’s horizons academically. Studying in New Zealand, renowned for its world-class educational institutions, offers an unparalleled opportunity to receive top-tier education. The scholarship opens doors to diverse fields of study, fostering an environment where academic growth and innovation thrive.
However, beyond the lecture halls and libraries, lies an adventure waiting to unfold. Embracing the Kiwi lifestyle is an integral part of this journey. New Zealand’s culture is rich, diverse, and deeply connected to its stunning natural landscapes. From exploring breathtaking landscapes to engaging with the warm and welcoming Kiwi community, the experience goes beyond academia. It’s about fostering a deeper understanding of the world, oneself, and others.
Securing the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship isn’t just about an academic achievement; it’s about embarking on a transformative voyage. The skills acquired, friendships forged, and experiences gained will be invaluable assets that resonate throughout life. It’s an opportunity to broaden perspectives, cultivate resilience, and nurture a global outlook.
Also Apply for Koc University Scholarship, Turkey (Fully Funded)
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- Institution(s): There are eleven approved education institutions at which Manaaki New Zealand Scholars can study. Click here to find all the available institutes.
- Study in: New Zealand
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find all the available courses
- Program Period: Depends upon the course selected
- Deadline: 01 February 2024 – 29 February 2024
- The 2024 tertiary Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships portal will open at midnight on the 1st of February 2024 and close at midday on the 29th of February 2024.
Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships will provide:
- full tuition fees.
- living allowance (a stipend) of NZ$531 per week. This will help with a scholar’s basic living expenses. If you commence your study programme online in your home country, your stipend will be adjusted to reflect the difference in living costs around the world.
- an establishment allowance of NZ$3000. This is to help with set-up costs in New Zealand. For example, you can use it for accommodation expenses, text books, or other study materials.
- medical insurance when you are in New Zealand.
- tutoring costs up to the value of NZ$1000, to assist with the cost of additional tutoring while you are studying if needed.
- travel to and from your own country. This is for travel from your own country at the start of the scholarship, and for return travel at the end of your scholarship.
- travel insurance.
- travel home during your scholarship. Scholars studying over 1.6 years are entitled to travel home to visit family. We usually allow for one or two trips, depending on the length of your scholarship. However, this is subject to border settings and other restrictions.
- managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ): This is no longer required when entering New Zealand. We will provide support towards costs of MIQ upon return to your home country, if this is mandatory and your home government does not already cover this cost.
- reimbursement for the costs of COVID-19 vaccinations if required by your study country or transit country, and for the costs of any COVID-19 pre-departure tests. Please note: costs will not be reimbursed for dependent family members. Scholars will need to meet the requirements stipulated by national governments and/or airlines with regard to the type of COVID-19 vaccination and COVID-19 pre-departure test deemed acceptable. MFAT will only cover costs if a charge is occurred and a receipt is provided.
- reintegration allowance of NZ$1000. This is to help with set-up costs upon your return to your home country.
- help with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate students.
Also Apply for DAAD Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships
To qualify for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries:
- Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships are available to citizens from eligible countries. If your country is not on the list, then the New Zealand Government does not offer any academic scholarships to you.
- Work Experience:
- One year of full-time work experience (i.e. 30 hours or more per week), OR
- Two years of part-time work experience (i.e. up to 29 hours per week).
- Age Requirement: candidate must be 18 years old or older when start the scholarship
- Candidate must contribute to their country’s development:
- The purpose of a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship is to invest in the education of citizens from developing countries, enabling them to positively impact on their country’s development by sharing new skills and knowledge gained while on scholarship. The authority expect scholars to contribute to their country’s social or economic development for at least two years after completing their scholarship study. The authority also only select scholars who have been living in their home country for 2 years prior to applying for a scholarship. Preference is given in selection to applicants who can clearly describe on their application form, how they will improve their country’s social and economic development after their scholarship.
- Residency Requirements: Applicants must reside in their home country for two years prior to prior to commencing their study.
- Academic and English Requirement:
- As part of the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships application process, you need to choose your preferred education institution and preferred courses. Scholarship applicants don’t need to apply for admission to their preferred education institution and courses until they are notified that they are a preferred candidate for a scholarship. However, scholarship applicants do need to check that they are likely to meet the minimum academic requirements and the minimum level of English required for their courses. Course entry requirements are set by your chosen education institution so you must check minimum entry requirements on their website before you apply for a scholarship.
- Generally, to study for a postgraduate qualification, you must have at least:
- an overall IELTS score of 6.5 and no band less than 6.0
- a TOEFL score of 90 on the internet-based test with a writing score of 21
- an overall PTE Academic score of 58 with no communicative skills score less than 50
- a Cambridge Academic English (advanced) overall score of 176 with no bands less than 169.
- Generally, to study for an undergraduate qualification, you must have at least:
- an overall IELTS score of 6.0 and no band less than 5.5
- a TOEFL score of 80 on the internet-based test with a writing score of 21
- an overall PTE Academic score of 50, with no communication skills score less than 42
- a Cambridge Academic English (advanced) overall score of 169 with no bands less than 162.
- Visa Requirement: Student visa requirements and visa applications for study in New Zealand
- If your scholarship application is for study in New Zealand, then you must meet these visa requirements: Student visa requirements and application form for New Zealand
How to Apply for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships?
Eligible applicants can only start an application from the application opening date for their country.
- Step 1: Confirm your eligibility
- Complete the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships online eligibility test to see if you are eligible to apply. If the Online Eligibility Test confirms that you are eligible, you will get an eligibility code (number).
- Step 2: Register for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship account
- If you are eligible you will see a “register” button on the webpage, click on this to start your registration for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship Account. You will be asked to enter an email address (this will become your username for logging on again later). The system will run a check to make sure that this email address is not already being used. If the check passes, you will need to complete the rest of your account details and select ‘Register’. This is where you will enter your Eligibility Code that you have emailed to yourself or written down.
- Step 3: Set password for your Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship account
- You will be sent an email to set a password to complete the registration process. Click on the link in the email which will take you to a screen where you will need to set your password. Remember to look in your spam folder, where automated messages are sometimes filtered.
- Step 4: Complete and submit your application before the closing date
- Use your Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship Account to access the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship online application system anytime between the opening and closing dates for your country. Check Deadlines here.
Please also check Netherlands Government Scholarship
To know more about Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships, please visit the official website:
For more scholarships in New Zealand, click here.