|Deadline: May 30, 2020||Institution(s): United Nations|
|Level of Study: Internship||Location: Geneva, Switzerland|
Legal affairs Internship with UN at Switzerland:
The United Nations, located in Geneva, Switzerland, established to collect, consolidate, preserve and analyse evidence of violations of international humanitarian law and human rights violations and abuses committed since March 2011 in the Syrian Arab Republic. The legal intern works under the supervision of a legal officer and the research and analysis intern works under the supervision of an analyst in CASS.
The positions of Legal Intern and Research and Analysis Intern are located in the Collection, Analysis and Sharing Section (CASS) of the International, Impartial and Independent Mechanism to Assist in the Investigation and Prosecution of Persons Responsible for the Most Serious Crimes under International Law Committed in the Syrian Arab Republic since March 2011.
Internship Focused Areas:
- Criminal law
- Humanitarian law
- Political science
- Middle Eastern studies
- Conflict studies
- Analysis based program
Minimum 3 months and maximum 6 months.
Legal affairs Internship with UN at Switzerland is UNPAID and full-time.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for Legal affairs Internship with UN at Switzerland:
- Required Languages: English or French
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Applicants must have a university degree or be in the final stages of their undergraduate studies in a relevant field.
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Possessing the following skills:
How to Apply for Legal affairs Internship with UN at Switzerland?
Please follow the following application instructions to win Legal affairs Internship with UN at Switzerland:
- Create a new Account from here.
- Fill out online form by uploading the mentioned documents information:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Copies of university/law studies transcripts (including courses taken and grades received).
- A sample of the applicant’s written work preferably in a field relevant to the work of the IIIM and no longer than ten pages.
- Provide dates of availability.
Note: Documents may only be in English or French, and that incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
To know more about Legal affairs Internship with UN at Switzerland, please visit official website: