|Deadline: May 01, 2020||Institution(s): University of Leeds|
|Level of Study: Summer School||Study in: UK|
Leeds International Summer School 2020
Leeds International Summer School invitations are open for international students who are interested in exposure to UK education and culture. Experience Leeds ‘ vibrant, student-friendly community, and explore the area’s rich history, culture and natural beauty. The summer school blends world class tuition with field trips to an academic level. Leeds International Summer School also provides social and cultural trips.
The Leeds International Summer School runs for four weeks and comprises two modules, each lasting two weeks. Each module is worth 10 Leeds credits so by completing the four-week program you will receive 20 Leeds credits, equivalent to six US or 10 ECTS credits.
- Arts and Humanities
- Engineering and Science
- Politics and Social Sciences
The Summer School dates are July 04, to August 01, 2020
Block one will run 4 – 18 July 2020 or block two will run 19 July – 1 August 2020.
Leeds International Summer School provides the recipient with following benefits:
- If you have a GPA of 3.2 or above (or equivalent) then you are eligible to apply for one of 20 scholarships worth £500 to help pay for your fees. You can apply by completing the scholarship section of the summer school application form.
- Full 4-week program: £3,240
- 2-week program (either block one or block two): £1,820
- The University of Leeds Summer School UK is an all-inclusive program. Included in the program fee:
- breakfast and lunch, Monday – Friday
- module field trips
- weekend excursions
- social program
- sports center membership
To qualify for Leeds International Summer School, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Language Required: English
Eligible Countries: All world countries
- a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or equivalent
- Be enrolled at a university, or be a recent graduate
- Meet the English language requirements. Leeds accept the following qualifications and these are the minimum requirements for non-native English speakers of non EU/EEA nationality:
- IELTS 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0)
- TOEFL (iBT) 80 (80 overall, listening and reading: 18, speaking and writing: 19)
- TOEIC (all four components are required) listening: 400, reading: 385, speaking: 160, writing: 150
- Password Skills 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0)
- Please note Leeds do not accept CET-4 or CET-6.
How to Apply for Leeds International Summer School?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Leeds International Summer School:
- You must register online to complete the LISS application form. We will use the email address that you register with to inform you of the outcome of your application.
- Complete the LISS application form
- You must complete all fields that are marked as required; this includes uploading the following supporting documents:
- official transcript (in English) from your home university
- supporting statement (outlining your reasons for applying to take part in LISS)
- copy of your English Language Certificate and scores eg IELTS (only for non-native speakers from outside of Europe)
To know more about Leeds International Summer School 2020, please visit official websites: