Pursue your research in Switzerland. Good news! Applications for IRP Research Grant are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
IRP Research Grant 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. The IRP Foundations have the exclusive objective of promoting fundamental and clinical research linked to spinal cord injury. Each proposal retained will be financed for 2 years, to the value up to 150,000 Swiss Francs
IRP Research Grant is open to international students from all over the world who intend to pursue research studies in neurosciences. The IRP Foundations have the exclusive objective of promoting fundamental and clinical research linked to spinal cord injury.
Research projects may address all elements of CNS and spinal cord lesions, nerve regeneration, trophic neural support, and functional lesion-induced alterations, preferably in mammals. Clinical research initiatives may include diagnostics, acute lesion management, including surgery, neurology, urology, rehabilitation, and other areas linked to paraplegia.
The goals of the IRP Foundation are to encourage research around the globe. The action of the IRP Foundation is not restricted to Switzerland. It promotes study initiatives from scientists, clinical research centers and laboratories around the globe in the field of neuroscience and spinal cord regeneration, which focus on how to overcome the impacts of paraplegia and eventually how to cure it.
- Level of Study: Research Grants
- Institution(s): IRP
- Study in: Switzerland
- Opportunity Focus Areas: CNS Regeneration, Neuroprotection and functional restoration with special emphasis to the spinal cord
- Program Period: Each proposal retained will be financed for 2 years
- Deadline: October 31, 2022
IRP Research Grant provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Each proposal retained will be financed for 2 years, to the value up to 150,000 Swiss Francs; the grant doesn`t cover additional overhead costs.
Eligibility Criteria for IRP Research Grant
To be eligible for IRP Research Grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages:
- A very good level of English language proficiency is required.
- Knowledge of French and/or Italian would also be of benefit but is not essential.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Originality of the methodology: To be admissible, all projects submitted must include a clear description of the methods to be adopted (conservative approach or an innovative, creative concept), so that its feasibility can be assessed. The researcher must verify that, based on the planned methodology, his/her approach will deliver answers to the questions posed.
- International reputation: The value and scope of a researcher’s work is measured by the number, quality and relevance of his/her scientific contributions (articles published in specialized journals, or presentations at scientific congresses).
- Clinical interest: Basic research should not be disconnected from reality. The proposed projects must be relevant to the clinical situation caused by lesions of the spinal cord or the brain, and their outcomes must clearly contribute to a better understanding of paraplegia and lesions of the brain.
- Overall evaluation: An assessment of how the project is presented, described and of the motivation behind it: the logic of the planned experiments and the likelihood of obtaining applicable results, a better understanding of the mechanisms underlying lesions of the brain and of the spinal cord, and thus of developing new therapeutic techniques.
How to Apply for IRP Research Grant?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, the following steps are required to avail IRP Research Grant:
- To submit a project, click on the link below, complete all fields regarding personal data, then send the form duly completed, together with your CV, a list of your published work over the last 5 years (no abstracts), and a list of the publications of those applying with you. Kindly send your documents in Word or pdf format.
- Submit the application online.